Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Baby got paint!!

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  drew0982 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here's my baby after 6 coats of paint and a gallon of clear :mrgreen: More pics to come!
IMG00280-20110530-1837.jpg

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
I arrived at the paint shop this a.m. and met this pleasant surprise:
IMG00284-20110531-0834.jpg

I took her for her maiden voyage this evening :)
1306881891194.jpeg

So far, the speedometer has failed. Has anyone else on here had that problem? What did you replace yours with?

Turning through my corner this evening, I noticed the oil pressure reading on the gauge to be very low. I found that to be a bit concerning.. The truck was running fine and she definitely has oil. Oil was changed today and I plan to check it first thing in the morning.

I need a few odd interior parts if anyone has anything to spare..

Attachments

#5 ·
Sounds like your DIC cluster is going out. Mine did on my 04 a few years ago. You may need a whole new cluster. BTW, are all your lights HIDs?

#6 ·
I think I'm going to replace the entire cluster..... the mechanic said something about the speedo having to be calibrated with the larger wheels?

Just the low beams are HID's at the moment. The other kits haven't arrived yet, but they all will be in a few days :D :D :D

#7 ·
I say this a lot, but be careful using HID's in your high beams. Unless you have the "all on" mod, you will have a few moments when you are essentially blind, until the high beams warm up.

#11 ·
EKinMN said:
I say this a lot, but be careful using HID's in your high beams. Unless you have the "all on" mod, you will have a few moments when you are essentially blind, until the high beams warm up.
I witnessed this tonight while parked..... I had on the low beams and the fogs which are all HID's now and I fiipped on the high-beams which took a minute to warm up. I was not enthused..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.