Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Bed Liner Ideas?

6K views 54 replies 29 participants last post by  chevysilverado006 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2013 Silverado 1500. The bed is just paint. I dont haul construction materials or anything but I dont want my bed looking like crap in a couple years. I heard the plastic liners are crap. Do I really want to spend the money for a spray in liner ? What other options do I have to protect my bed ?

#2 ·
I've seen carpeted liners, but they're pretty expensive anyway. Go for the spray-in, if you're going to spend the money.

Granted, I just have a $75 rubber roll-out mat in mine, and the bed underneath looks just fine. I haul a lot of building materials and I heat with wood, so the bed is used quite a bit.

#5 ·
I also just use the rubber mat in my truck. Works pretty good but the sides of the bed are getting scuffed up pretty good allready.
Another less cost effective way is a D.I.Y. roll on liner found in most local auto part stores. Dosnt look as nice as X-Line but works . There are a couple different brands out there. Here's one,,
http://www.herculiner.com/

#7 ·
I don't really haul much other than some kayaks,bicycles and maybe a cooler etc in my truck bed and went with a BedRug off eBay for $362 shipped, with a tonneau cover and a tailgate seal kit the BedRug stays clean and dry and is soft on the knees if you need to crawl in. I have a company truck to use if I need to move something I would rather not put in my personal truck so the rug served my needs.

#8 ·
I just traded in my 2011 in for a 13- Long story. I had the premium linex done when new. Looked perfect when I traded in. too much money for short ownership. If your hanging onto the truck linex premium is tough stuff. My wife even commented as she looked at the bed how it still 'sparkled' despite being 2 years old and moderately worked. (No abrasive materials, bricks rocks etc) but scrap steel regular hauling of old computers. For this truck I was going to get the weather tech molded liner, but the new truck came with and insert so not happening I really liked the look of the weather tech.
However a genuine benefit of a rhino (previous truck) or the linex is how much more quiet stuff was in the bed. Stuff makes a hell of a noise in an empty bed when you corner or hit the brakes.
Incoherent rant over

#10 ·
sparkjumper said:
I don't really haul much other than some kayaks,bicycles and maybe a cooler etc in my truck bed and went with a BedRug off eBay for $362 shipped, with a tonneau cover and a tailgate seal kit the BedRug stays clean and dry and is soft on the knees if you need to crawl in. I have a company truck to use if I need to move something I would rather not put in my personal truck so the rug served my needs.
This is what I did. I installed the GM BedRug and it is great. Easy on the knees if you're crawling around, impervious to fluids including acid. Can't even catch the stuff on fire. Never fades, doesn't hold dirt. Just spray out at the car wash. Also, it's removable. Looks great especially with the "BowTie" up front.

#11 ·
StarsnBars said:
I also just use the rubber mat in my truck. Works pretty good but the sides of the bed are getting scuffed up pretty good allready.
Another less cost effective way is a D.I.Y. roll on liner found in most local auto part stores. Dosnt look as nice as X-Line but works . There are a couple different brands out there. Here's one,,
http://www.herculiner.com/
I rolled a Herculiner on my old '82 F150 several years ago. It didn't look the best (you could definitely tell it wasn't a spray-on), but I was surprised by how well it held up. I think the kit and and extra pint of liner cost around $100.

#12 ·
Thanx everyone lots of help. Still not sure what I'm gonna do tho. I looked into the bedrug and it says you need the plastic liner for the rug to screw into and my bed is bare. I really like the weathertech liner. I wouldnt think twice if I actually hauled stuff. I just haul toys, snowmobile,quad and boat.

#13 ·
I contacted the Bedrug corp. today and ask a lot questions and got a lot of good answers ,it is waterproof, will not hold water, will not scratch paint, zipper is nylon so it won't rust and it is warrantied for life as long as you own truck. I was also told it will not fade , and nothing was said about screwing it into a plastic liner it attaches with double sided Velcro and can be easily removed if needed. the only draw back that I have is that it could get impression into it if something heavy was left sit on it for extended periods of time . You can request a sample of it which I did . I believe I also read somewhere that it will not burn but don't quote me on that . I'm still on the fence on it also between this and a spray in .

#17 ·
Family construction company has used rhino lining in the trucks for years. its holds up well, but with years of abuse it does wear. if money is not a concern, i would do a spray in, but make sure the drain holes in the bed remain open. I dont know this for a fact but it seems to me a plastic liner or even bed mat, may trap moisture in turn = Rust. just my $.02...line x may be overkill as far as protection if your not hauling building materials or hauling wood.

#19 ·
I Linex'd 3 new trucks and loved it. I bought a used Bedrug just because it was cheap and I knew I couldn't lose much if I hated it because I heard how nice they were. Then I bought my new Sierra and I didn't even consider anything but a Bedrug. That thing is so comfortable to crawl around on it is amazing. You could sleep on it. I love my Bedrug and won't go back to anything else.

#20 ·
AllWhite013 said:
Thanx everyone lots of help. Still not sure what I'm gonna do tho. I looked into the bedrug and it says you need the plastic liner for the rug to screw into and my bed is bare. I really like the weathertech liner. I wouldnt think twice if I actually hauled stuff. I just haul toys, snowmobile,quad and boat.
I installed the BedRug liner in my truck and there is no screws involved. It attaches using the velcro supplied in the kit. It comes with zippers that are used to put it together, then it is velcroed in. It is a very versatile liner that is comfortable on the knees and it does not hold water and it doesn't stain. Cost is about $350.00.

#26 ·
AllWhite013 said:
Just watched the video from Trucks on DualLiner and it looks sweet.
I did it myself in about fifteen minutes. (Except for the holes that need to be drilled into the liftgate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.