Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Bed mats - Yay or Nay?

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  WingNut 
#1 ·
The only downside I can see is that it might get swiped. Not sure if I like the look of Rhino.....it's not a truck that gets used as a "truck" much anymore....I prefer to stay as close to stock as possible....I know....."boring"......any thoughts???

#4 ·
I have the GM OEM bed mat. I love it. I don't haul a lot so a bed mat is plenty of protection. It's easy to take out for cleaning. It also is a bit "sticky", so things don't slide around. And, it makes it easy on the knees if you ever need to climb around back there.

#7 ·
True...from what I've seen they all seem to be 3/8 in. thick. Also found the "Bed Rug". Looks really nice.....sort of like carpet over foam. You can get it to line the entire inside of the bed for about 400 bucks (ouch) or for just the floor area of the bed for 150 bucks (better). They also have the piece for the tail gate.....decisions, decisions.......

#8 ·
Isn't there a risk that the bed mat or rug retains moisture between itself and the metal which could lead to rust?

I went with the Line X coating eventhough anything I carry in the bed is on a blanket or cushion... I don't want to damage anything... but I mainly didn't want to keep my bed on the diamond white color... would have been dirty all the time!

#9 ·
Good point. All they say is that the bed rug won't absorb moisture. Hopefully someone here can attest one way or the other. Maybe it's worth considering coating the bed first and then adding the bed rug for aesthetics/comfort. I could probably coat the bed myself......

#11 ·
BedRug sure seems to stand out from the crowd as far as comfort and looks go. I think I'll contact them to see if I can change the color....maybe using RIT dye. I used that on the carpeting of a truck I had years ago.....easy to do and looked fine......hmmmmmmm

#12 ·
I had a bed mat in my El Camino years ago. You have to take it out from time to time to clean out any dirt, salt, grit, etc., or it'll damage the paint badly and rust. Also, the sides will still get scratched up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.