Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Best Windshield Wipers

17K views 58 replies 49 participants last post by  TXB4Z 
#1 ·
Hi, I`m looking for a brand of windshield wipers that won`t rot away and get attacked with the road salt they use in PA. I`m tired of replacing them so often. Years ago, wipers seemed like they were made better and could be counted on to last a year or more. Guess that goes for averything. Any suggestions? Thanks

#2 ·
I've been using Bosch Evolutions. I usually put a set on each Fall, and they last a year. I HATE streaky, messy windows. I use gallons of window wash a year, and clean my windows a lot. The Evolutions seem pretty good.
I am tempted to try Rain-X, though. I've heard good things.

Also, I keep my windows very clean. I use Rain-X original formula a few times per year. And, I use Stoner's window cleaner.

#3 ·
I like the Bosch Evolutions too.
You can't beat the design.
I also never run my wipers over ice or snow to clear the windshield. I scrape or defrost first.

Also, if you know you're going to get snow or ice, flip those wipers up to the service position. Makes clearing windshield a lot easier. People have asked me for years why I put my wipers up, then they realize they have had blades frozen to the windshield or damaged blades while scrapping.

For window cleaner I use 50/50 mix of Denatured Alcohol and water.
I smoke and this is the best thing I've found to clean the windows one time and be done.
A lot less expensive than most commercial window cleaners too.

#4 ·
I have the Rain-X Latitude wipers and they work insanely well. Not a single streak can be seen. I highly recommend them.

#6 ·
Trico is what I have always used, even before AMSOIL partnered with them. They used to be the oem supplier to GM and still might be.

#8 ·
Using Michelin Stealth on every vehicle I own. Very pleased. The fact that they were only $12 each (Cdn.) at Costco doesn't hurt either

They are the only set of wipers I've ever put on any of my wife's car that she has liked & not complained about! LOL! Last set on her car were on several years & still performed reasonably well.

#9 ·
I use Bosch Icons, on my second set after using the first for just over a year. I had a Taurus before the truck and used Icons on that. I was so pleased with the performance that when my old Fire Department told me to swap our Expedition's wipers, I put Icons on. Keep 'em clean and they outperform everything.

BTW...John, I'm gonna swipe that idea for the window cleaner, if ya don't mind. The windows don't like nicotine as much as I do, apparently. Haha.

#13 ·
I have bosch ( dont remember which style) and they have been good so far. I also use a glass sealant that is basically wax for you glass. The water will start rolling off with no need to use wipers around 40 mph.

May seem expensive but a bottle will last quite a few applications.
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-498-adam ... alant.aspx

#14 ·
I've been using Trico Force blades for years, and usually get two years from them. The key is to keep them clean. A few times each month I will wipe the rubber with an alcohol wipe...you would be amazed what dirt comes off.

#15 ·
I bought the Michelins. I don't know the model. I will never buy them again. They have too much curve in the metal and the arm will not hold them to the window. Of course, the worse spot is directly in front of me...it is almost like there is a flat area on that part of the window.

#19 ·
I alternate (depending on which size is in stock) between the Rain-X, Bosch, and Michelin unibody style wipers. Each pair I've used on all my vehicles have lasted at least a year in the harsh(?) Minnesota weather

And for the smokers out there (I quit about 4 years ago), Invisible Glass is a good retail glass cleaner. It reminds me a lot of the aerosol Windex my dad was use cleaning the windows of the station wagon before we'd pile in and head to the drive in

#22 ·
Red Green said:
I've been using Trico Force blades for years, and usually get two years from them. The key is to keep them clean. A few times each month I will wipe the rubber with an alcohol wipe...you would be amazed what dirt comes off.
+1 on keeping them clean. It is crazy on how much dirt you can get off of them by just wiping them down.

#23 ·
I have a 2012 GMC Sierra - ever since the day I bought it the passenger side windshield wiper misses a small section at the right bottom corner of my windshield. Figured maybe the OEM wiper was no good and when I later replaced the wipers with another brand they did the exact same thing. Has anyone else experienced this? It would seem like the shape of the windshield is to blame. I'm also on my second windshield due to flying rocks hitting and cracking the original. The new windshield has the same problem with the section that the wiper doesn't wipe. Never had a vehicle that did this before.

#26 ·
ukjw21 said:
I like the Bosch Evolutions too.
You can't beat the design.
I also never run my wipers over ice or snow to clear the windshield. I scrape or defrost first.

Also, if you know you're going to get snow or ice, flip those wipers up to the service position. Makes clearing windshield a lot easier. People have asked me for years why I put my wipers up, then they realize they have had blades frozen to the windshield or damaged blades while scrapping.

For window cleaner I use 50/50 mix of Denatured Alcohol and water.
I smoke and this is the best thing I've found to clean the windows one time and be done.
A lot less expensive than most commercial window cleaners too.
In my 04 Silverado you couldn't flip the wipers up, they had little stops on the arms that prevented them from coming up more than about 4 inches off the windshield.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.