Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Blacked Out Headlights 07+ Sierra, Anyone Do This?

818 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  StarsnBars 
#1 ·
Hi i have 13 Sierra and seen a few people cut, open & paint the inside of there headlights black and it looks great but i've only seen it on Silverados & Not a Sierra. Anyone Do It? Also any step by Step Instructons or video and any pics would help. Thanks.

#2 ·
I did this on my chevy cobalt that I used to have. You need a heat gun to heat up the adhesive and get the lenses apart, be careful prying them apart or you can crack the plastic lense (i did this.) Then rough up the part you want to paint with fine grit sandpaper so the paint will adhere. The prime and paint as usual. You can buy some good rubber sealant just about anywhere to glue them back together. The biggest problem for me was getting all the old glue off, it is very sticky stuff. Also, make sure that when you glue them back together, you get them ALL THE WAY back together. My driverside headlight stuck out a little further after I did this because I didn't get the lense seated all the way back down. Also, once you do this, plan on them fogging up when it gets cold or wet out. You'll probably never be able to seal them up all the way. I'll attach pics of what I did on my cobalt to give you an idea of what it looks like. You can use your imagination for the rest. I don't have pics of the entire process, but hopefully this gives you an idea of what it will involve. Have fun!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.