Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Cargo Box Illumination

3K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  #32 
#1 ·
The sticker on the window of my truck says one of the features is "Cargo Box Illumination". I imagine that is lights in the bed of the truck. I cannot find a button for that anywhere, and also don't see any lights in the bed of my truck... Anybody know what that is? BTW my truck is a 2012 1500 Silverado 4.8L.

Thanks!

#4 ·
To the OP, the clear light in the third brake light area is the cargo lamp. To turn it on you turn the dash brightness knob (push on the knob to pop it out) to all the way bright then you will feel it click past a detent and that will turn on your interior lights and cargo lamp. There is a mod floating around that will allow you to turn it on by itself, but isn't needed unless you want the lamp on w/out the interior lights on.

^^^lol same time

#14 ·
ANy recommendations on where to get led strip lights with on/off switch? I'd like to get a couple of strips maybe 3 or 4 feet long with a handy switch for clicking on when I'm digging something out of the darkest back corner under my tonneau cover.

Thx.

#18 ·
jc2bg said:
ANy recommendations on where to get led strip lights with on/off switch? I'd like to get a couple of strips maybe 3 or 4 feet long with a handy switch for clicking on when I'm digging something out of the darkest back corner under my tonneau cover.

Thx.
A member here sent me some in the mail. They were backed with 3m adhesive. You could cut them... you can find spools of them on ebay or similar for next to nothing...

#19 ·
Ive got a pretty decent setup on mine. Im actually waiting on my time delay off relay to change it a little bit. This is a video if the bed of my truck with a manual switch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-rS13fY ... ata_player

I have taken the manual switch out. Im going to put the relay in so that when I hit the unlock button they switch on and stay on for 15 minutes. I can do a write up, but it may take a few days as I have zero pictures of the lights during installation. I also have the ebay seller for those that dont want to solder the wires to the led strips. He will cut and pre wire whatever lengths you need.

#23 ·
Machster69 said:
map light mod for under body lights

I have since added the rear lights and tied all the leds into the map lights power... :)
That is it! I've got a whole roll of LEDs for just that and now I know where to tap in. I had never thought of the front or rear bumper before seeing this, but my rear bumper is definitely going to be included. I love the way they ramp down like the cab lights

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.