Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Completely DE-Chromed my Denali

2K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  Rios09SLE 
#1 ·
I've had this truck since new so was getting bored with it, thought I would give it a $30.00 makeover. So I painted over all the chrome , both front grilles, door handles, chrome door strips , and all badging.

Before

After

See less See more
#8 ·
Silverado9306. Yes having fun is what it's all about. I used Plastic, I can peel that green off with my fingers quicker than you typed that post to me :)

Normal Deviation. I'm not a fan of the all black. So, that's why I was trying to go the no chrome thing but not the all black thing. JS

Happy Hour Hero. I have custom headlights that look better than all the cheap aftermarket crap. Tailights yes , want all red LED taillights, just haven't gotten around to that because I have quite a few cars and they all have a "list".

#12 ·
StarsnBars said:
I like the green accents.
Ever thought about painting the wheel spokes black and leaving the inside rims green? I think that would look tasty. ;)
Dude. I hadn't thought of that. That would be badass. Would def be a nightmare to pull off tho because you can't tape over the Plasti dip in order to have the black and green right next to each other. I have a way n my head to get it done but it would require paint brushing the very end of every spoke. Would be a nightmare to say the least. In gonna put some more thought into it tho, I think it would be worth the trouble.

#14 ·
Well its got shock value, and its cheap.

I like the Escalade 22's (I think), I am definitely blacking out my chrome mesh grille and bumpers, but no green for me :mrgreen:

#15 ·
Do you got green halos on front lights too?

#17 ·
I'll be totally honest. I like the chrome better but the black grille ain't too bad (except for the green lettering). The wheels look really awful.
It's your truck though...

#18 ·
07silvr said:
Well its got shock value, and its cheap.

I like the Escalade 22's (I think), I am definitely blacking out my chrome mesh grille and bumpers, but no green for me :mrgreen:
Yes they are the Platinum Eacalade 22's. I put them on over 3 yrs ago when no one knew what they were, now once in a while someone pegs them like you just did. Good eye.

I did all the blackout then did all the green. It looks good IMO with the combo of blacked out and chrome.

Here's a shot with the door handles and strip blacked out.

#20 ·
Love the truck, perfect :mrgreen:

I like the exhaust too, do you have any details on that setup

:cry: I wish my SLT was a Denali with Sunroof and 6.2L, my only regrets :cry:

#24 ·
Truck looks badass! Love the side exhaust.

#26 ·
07silvr said:
Love the truck, perfect :mrgreen:

I like the exhaust too, do you have any details on that setup

:cry: I wish my SLT was a Denali with Sunroof and 6.2L, my only regrets :cry:
Thank you for the compliment

The Exhaust WAS a Corsa Sport catback single pipe exist with twin tips. But if you've ever heard a factory 6.2L stock exhaust it's damn near perfect. Very strong loud rumble. So when I put the Corsa on, it actually quieten the truck down a bit EXCEPT WOT. But how often are we at WOT? Sooo I chopped the Corsa muffler off then re-routed the tips ahead of the wheel. So now all it has is two PreCats and that's it. Straight to the atmosphere after that. The sound is crazy amazing. I'm not a fan of straight pipes on a NA vehicle because they usually sound raspy and cheap, not the 6.2L ! It's music !!

Where the Corsa muff now resides

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.