by jknappen [OP] » Jan 14 2012, 10:28pm
by lowrider » Jan 15 2012, 12:49am
by 1500VHO » Jan 15 2012, 12:54am
by lowrider » Jan 15 2012, 2:57am
1500VHO wrote:Hi JK,
Here's what I know or think I know:
LS and LT are just different trim packages.
engines are the same.
What you get with LS:
LS Silverado model adds the following standard equipment, in addition to or replacing the above standard features:*
* Color-keyed carpeting with rubber floor mats
* Custom Cloth reclining 40/20/40 split bench with manual lumbar support and center armrest storage
* Air conditioning All US Trucks have AC
* Electronic speed control with resume feature
* Leather wrapped steering wheel] No
[/color]* Power windows and power door locks with backlit switches
* Remote Keyless Entry and content theft alarm security system.
* AM/FM stereo with seek/scan, clock and compact disc player
* Dual chrome power exterior rearview mirrors. - No
* Chrome styled-steel wheels
* Chrome rear bumper with step pad All trucks have this feature
* ScotchgardTM Protection on cloth surfaces.* This is new to me
What you get with LT:
LT Silverado model adds the following standard equipment, in addition to or replacing LS:*
* Heated bucket front bucket seats with leather seating surfaces and 6-way 2-position memory, power recline, lumbar and thigh support and seatback bolster - Leather is optional in the LT
* AM/FM stereo with seek/scan, clock, cassette and compact disc players One CD Player and is the same as the LS model
* Self-dimming inside rearview mirror with integral compass. Compass and Temp display are in the DIC.
* Power, heated self-dimming exterior rearview mirrors LT and LS both have this feature
* Foglamps An Option in the LT
* Rear-window defogger An Option in both the LS and LT
* Aluminum wheels. - An Option in the LT
* Heated bucket front bucket seats with leather seating surfaces and 6-way 2-position memory, power recline, lumbar and thigh support and seatback bolster - An Option in the LT
* Autotrac active transfer case (4x4 models).
With all that said, my 2005 LS/SS has all the stuff of an LT truck, except Leather seats and dual power front seats. The SS part is the B4V High performance option (6.0L LQ9 motor, Traction controlled 3.73 rear diff, and upgraded 4L65 Trans), rear wheel drive only.. These trucks also came with 20" Chrome rims that were made for this style truck only.
BTW - I made up the LS/SS designation... The truck sold as the "Texas version"... LS/SS sounds sexier!
I hope this helped -
by lowrider » Jan 15 2012, 3:02am
by 1500VHO » Jan 16 2012, 12:56am
by 1500VHO » Jan 16 2012, 2:09am
It is currently Oct 21 2016, 5:46pm
|SHOP TALK (Live Chat)|
|Anything to do with the outer exterior of your truck. Discuss all body modifications and repairs including fenders and bumpers, truck beds and bed-liners, hoods and grilles, or doors and windows. All bed and body related things like bedliners, bed caps and bed rails, or campers and toppers.|
To create a new topic in Exterior, click this button:
|Previous topic Next topic|
|Share this topic|
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests
|Sitewide News Sitemaps & Feeds|