Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Has anyone done this before?

768 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Ghoster 
#1 ·
I want to add chrome body molding onto the sides of my truck. Right now it already has the black body molding that you can see in the picture. These strips are advertised at 1", but it looks really tight with the silverado emblems which leads me to think it might not fit. A lot of the ltz trucks come with the chrome portion, but it might not be positioned the same way mine is. If it doesn't fit I am definitely not adjusting my body molding or emblems...thoughts? Has anyone on here done this before?

http://www.amazon.com/2009-2013-Silvera ... automotive

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It's your truck...but I personally don't like the look. My LTZ doesn't have the chrome. Truck looks good the way it is.

Another option might be a small pinstripe above the molding. You'd need a hot rod pinstripe guy. Not sure how it would look?

#3 ·
The picture in that Amazon link is the factory LZT molding, not your molding with an additional chrome strip (the way I see it). Buying that chrome strip and adding it to your molding wouldn't look good IMO.
I could be wrong though.

#4 ·
My LT had the moldings with the top chrome strip on it... Didn't like em either... As for that chrome u want, it looks a lot like the stuff at oreillys or AutoZone.. Just peel and stick. Maybe try that?

#5 ·
I have a 2009 gmc sierra, with the same solid color molding like you have. I also wanted the chrome strip at top of the molding, tried the auto parts store peel n stick twice, and it kept peeling. I then ordered the exact same stainless trim as you have linked, and it turned out great, been on for about a year half, no issues. I got mine off ebay from seller trimms express. Note, you do need to measure on inside of your molding. Start at each end cap on inside and measre to the other end where en cap is on inside, as not all of these type moldings from factory where the same size, and then you will know what size to order. Hope this helps.

#6 ·
I like my factory molding with the chrome. It looks good when it is part of an entire package. I don't think adding a chrome stick on strip to the top of the factory non-chrome molding is going to look good. Your door trip and my door trim are the same height. Adding an inch to the top will just make it too big. If you really want to do this, get a price for the OEM parts with chrome from the dealer. And see if you can't find them on the internet some where.

I know its filthy, but you can see the trim.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.