Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

How do i remove this dealer decal?

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  houseoftoes 
#1 ·
First mod for the new Sierra is to remove this decal, any suggestions on how to do it clean with no residue or issues?

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I removed mine with goo-gone and a blow-dryer. A heat gun might be too much heat and hard on the paint.

Goo-gone will remove just about anything with time. I let it sit on some plumbing fittings in my boat that were sealed with silicone and it ate right through the silicone after 24 hours. I'd also recommend a PLASTIC razor blade to help get underneath it.

Good Luck!

#5 ·
Go with low heat with a heat gun, don't want to burn the paint. If it's a hair dryer, have at it at full heat, I really don't think a hair dryer can get hot enough to burn the paint.
Mine was foil too and i (very carefully) took a razor blade to start a corner when it was hot and pulled it up a little and then peeled with my fingers. It's going to keep tearing, but stick with it and you'll get it.
Then take some WD40 or goo gone to get the rest of the adhesive off.

#7 ·
Hair dryer on highest setting, should get hot enough to get a corner to start peeling up, should peel away fairly easy after that. I wouldn't try razor blade, you have to be real careful not to scratch paint. Wd-40 has always worked on getting the residue glue off for me as well...

#11 ·
Thanks guys, it came off just fine with the hair dryer method.

Now, do I use the same method to remove the chrome Texas Edition emblems on both doors? I want to remove those next..

#12 ·
Use floss to remove the emblem itself then use the below picture for the gummy junk left behind. Soak it down, wait a minute and a little elbow grease and BAM clean as a whistle!

This stuff is great!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.