Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

How do you adjust the rear bumper on an 02 Sierra

7K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Kerry 55 
#1 ·
I've got an 02 Sierra and I need to adjust the rear bumper. The driver side is drooping down lower than the passenger side and I want to raise it up. Can anyone tell me exactly which bolts do I need to loosen up to adjust it?
Thanks

#3 ·
The bumper actually looks brand new so someone must have replaced it before I bought it. I found this video on youtube and at about the 11:35 mark they talk about adjusting the bumper. At about the 13 min mark it shows him adjusting it up and down like I need to do.

#6 ·
Yea the bumper was either damaged before or it was rusted and someone replaced it.
It is not really bad out of adjustment and I don't know if you can tell from this picture but the driver side is a little lower than the passenger side.

#7 ·
Yea I see the slight difference in height . I would think that if you loosen up the mounting bolts on that side and maybe put a bottle type jack under that side you should be able to adjust that side I would think & then tighten it up while still be lifted with jack . If that don't work maybe enlarge the holes in bracket slightly to get a little more adjustment out of it . I really don't see that much out of align maybe 1/2 " at the most from the picture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.