Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Line-x options , truck ideas

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  hocman22 
#1 ·
Hello

i am getting my truck box line-x under the rails and the rocker panels on the 13th and i dont know what i should do for the sides

Option 1 - Rocker panels half way line-x all the way to rear bumper

Option 2 - Rocker panels all the way up to bottom of bump stop to rear bumper

Option 3 - Rocker panels half way up on cab then all the way up on the box to bumper

i will be putting 18's and 33's on in the spring time with a leveling kit , so i dont know if i should go all the way up to the bottom of the bump strips , if anyone has experience

i plan on finding some 2008 - tahoe hybrid rims and powder coating them like the ones here in the forsale section for a year ago. if i can find some for a reasonable price...

i have a black slim over the rail box coming tomorrow , black emblems in the mail and i am changing the bumpers to iron cross ones next month

anyone will ideas??? would be great

See less See more
#2 ·
Option 2 is my vote. Are you getting the paint pigment add to the line-x? or just leaving it the dull black/gray?

#4 ·
ive thought it over and talked with alot of people and i think getting option 2 would be the best in the long run when it comes times for bigger tires

do you mean the Xtra? i am just getting the normal Line-x , the dealer recommended just getting the normal line-x as in the region of canada im in it doesnt fade as bad , as some of the southern states

#7 ·
:D wish i had pics but i did your #2 option on my 99 seirra years ago and it looked good and held up well. my sierra was pewter gray with black below the moldings.the slight change in color from shiny blk to a little duller blk was hardly noticed.id say go for your opt 2 and not look back !

#8 ·
Option 2. Years back where I worked had this done to their trucks. It was suprising to see how beat up the stuff got from gravel country roads.

LGSONE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.