Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Plasti dip

2K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Schneducation 
#1 ·
How much dip you pay for your plasti dip? I went to home hardware today and it was 19.99!!

I have a feeling that this is slightly overpriced :p

Thanks
Ryan

#7 ·
This can is going right back.. I just looked at the receipt and it was $21.99 plus tax!! came out to $24.85!!!

I dont think there is any special one that the guy working there managed to sell me... Its an 11 OZ. can with a black lid that says PLASTI DIP, Multi-purpose rubber coating.

never going back to home hardware ever again!
Ryan

#16 ·
Ha! I know how you guys feel. 45 minutes to Pembina, North Dakota for me! I have a tonneau cover and exhaust (as well as an Inskerator, sink, other home stuff) waiting for me there. Spend a couple days in Grand Forks and Fargo with the fam damily, pick up a few other accessories, and bring everything back zero duty or taxes. I figure the Canadian gov't gets enough of my money, the local shops gouge us, if what I save pays to take the girls on a mini roadtrip why not.

#17 ·
PoisonIvy said:
Ha! I know how you guys feel. 45 minutes to Pembina, North Dakota for me! I have a tonneau cover and exhaust (as well as an Inskerator, sink, other home stuff) waiting for me there. Spend a couple days in Grand Forks and Fargo with the fam damily, pick up a few other accessories, and bring everything back zero duty or taxes. I figure the Canadian gov't gets enough of my money, the local shops gouge us, if what I save pays to take the girls on a mini roadtrip why not.
Haha, I know i try to do that as much as possible, now lets just hope no one that works at customs is on here reading this!

#26 ·
beermanjoe said:
Schneducation said:
Here is the emblem and the Silverado and LS plastidipped. It was a pain in the ass but I think it turned out pretty good :)
Did you remove your tailgate to spray that,or did you remove the emblem?
I didn't remove anything which is why it was a bit of a pain. You have to be careful when peeling around what you sprayed because sometimes you might peel some of the plastidip off where you want it. I might suggest cuttin around what you want plastidiped with a razor to avoid this. Just be careful not to scratch your paint ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.