jQuery not supported.

Rattle when accelerating

Rattle when accelerating

Postby 3mkennels [OP] » Dec 29 2011, 7:47pm

I have a 07 Sierra and have been noticing the last few weeks or so that when I'm accelerating theres a rattle under my truck on the pass side. I can't tell if it's front, middle or back. I'm leaning more towards the front. I've checked the heat shields which seemed fine. The underneath of the truck is clean of debris. It only seems to happen when I get in the 25-40 mph range but once let let off the gas the noise stops and only happens in the mph range. It's real annoying. Anyone experience this before? My thoughts are front wheel well plastic, or exhaust but of course when I check nothing seems out of place.

Thanks
Original Poster
3mkennels
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 9
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: V8 4.8 NBS
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  Vibration when accelerating   Vibration when accelerating   Clunk when accelerating   Chattering when accelerating   popping noise when accelerating from a stop   4WD Constant Clanging and Clicking-Accelerating and Stopping   Rattle, Rattle, Rattle   Rattle   Rattle on acceleration   Rattle can paint   Strange Rattle   Is this the rattle gun?   Rattle From Dash Fixed   Rattle/clacking coming from somewhere 
Exterior Sponsor
FREE Shipping on Truck Accessories!
Special Offers for SilveradoSierra.com members at AutoAnything.com

Re: Rattle when accelerating

Postby lzn197 » Dec 30 2011, 4:12am

One of the things I ran into was the wiring harness that connects to the oxygen sensors was vibrating on the cowl area within the rosebud connector that holds the harness.
Gordon
2004 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Z71
Semi-retired Master Mechanic
lzn197
ASE Certified
ASE Certified
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
4x4 Low Mode [L3]
Topics: 6
Blogs: 16
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2004
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: K1500 5.3L Z71 EX
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Return to Exterior