jQuery not supported.

Rear Sliding Window

Just a discussion about the rear windows

Rear Sliding Window

Postby deathphoenix99 [OP] » Jun 06 2012, 5:10pm

Alright, let me start off by saying this is something I plan on doing in the future, but right now I don't have the funds to do so.

Anyways, I hate the solid back windows, I prefer to drive around with the windows down and the back one open, and if I need a drink, I can have my cooler in my bed and easily accessible. Well, single cabs no longer have a sliding rear window which sucks IMO. In the future I'm planning on either buying an older slider or maybe even get the power rear window. Only thing I don't like about the power one, is that it's a smaller opening. So, 99-07 body style trucks use the same rear window correct? This is what I've read and would like to confirm it.

Also, I found this on ebay, power sliding window and if I had the money, I'd be all over it right now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110859167524?ss ... 1423.l2649

If any of you have the rear power sliding window, could you take a picture of the back cab wall with the seats folded down (if they fold down) or at least of where the power motor is located. I want to see if there's room to install a power sliding window in a single cab. Thanks.

Also, have any of you installed a NBS slider window in your 2007 NNBS?
Original Poster
deathphoenix99
Auto 4WD Mode [L3]
Auto 4WD Mode [L3]
Topics: 29
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: SCLB 4.3L LS
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Rear Sliding Window

Postby xMOWERYx » Jun 16 2012, 11:15pm

You probably already know about the prominent rust factor associated with the rear sliding windows. Moisture over time will rust out the back corners of your cab even with a well sealed sliding back glass. Just something to think about if you plan on keeping this truck for 15 or 20 years
xMOWERYx
2009 GMC Sierra Ext. Cab SLE Z71
5.3L With HP Custom Tune
Flowmaster Dual Exhaust
K&N CAI
Rough Country Leveling Kit
Westin Brush Guard
xMOWERYx
Combustion on 7 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 7 pistons [L2]
Topics: 18
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 5.3 Z71 Ext. Cab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Rear Sliding Window

Postby deathphoenix99 [OP] » Jun 16 2012, 11:26pm

I'm not too worried about rust, I'm accustom to it growing up in Indiana. My dads 99 has a rear slider and I prefer them. I like opening it up in the summer.
Original Poster
deathphoenix99
Auto 4WD Mode [L3]
Auto 4WD Mode [L3]
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby jerich » Dec 27 2012, 9:59pm

i have a 1992 chevy silverado custom running a beefed up 350. with 50 series tires with body flares an a custom paint job, i have a power rear slide window in my truck. it is great now for the rust i never got any rust near my back window. an as for it will fit in a single cab. the motor fits on back wall behind driver seat. cable goes from driver side to passenger side. like i said my truck is custom my switch is in senter on on ceiling an i have 2 more switches 1 for lights in door an 1 for lights on ceiling. but power slide window will work in your truck an mine is a good size opening not smaller. you need more info an pics just email me at jerich42@yahoo.com p
jerich
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 1992
Variant: SS
Group Membership:
Newly registered users
Registered users

Postby deathphoenix99 [OP] » Dec 28 2012, 2:36pm

I appreciate the response. This is something I still want in the future, it just may be awhile before I can purchase one.
Original Poster
deathphoenix99
Auto 4WD Mode [L3]
Auto 4WD Mode [L3]
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Exterior