Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

removing badges

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  06Sam 
#1 ·
Thinking about debadging the truck, all except the bowtie on the grill and the tailgate. Probably end spraying them black to match the color scheme ive got going on the truck. Who else here has done this? How did you go about removing the badges. Show some of those pictures please!

#4 ·
Voodoo said:
The best way to do it is with fishing line and a heat gun. Put some gloves on so the line doesn't cut into your fingers....Just slip the line in behind the badge and begin to lift while heating with the heat gun. They'll pop right off. I bought a 3M Eraser wheel that goes in a drill to get the residue off. Worked like a charm.
Yep best way to do it by far
I debadged my truck a couple of weeks ago, paint under was great matches perfect, I just have an outline I gotta get off.
I tried polishing compound but no dice, I think imma try rubbing compound.

#9 ·
I bought a last of the old 14's in a CCSB white 2500 6.0 from my local dealer and it came from Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet, kinda cool, I was a big Dale fan. I de-badged mine day one. I used a heat gun, but a blow dryer gets hot enough to get it done too. I also used a body filler spreader or it was a window tint squeegee to cut behind and then an eraser wheel. The finishing line sounds good too. Absolutely resist the temptation to slip something 3 dimensional in behind to lift it up and off as it will leave a crease that will make you cuss and call a dent Doc !!

#10 ·
Voodoo said:
The best way to do it is with fishing line and a heat gun. Put some gloves on so the line doesn't cut into your fingers....Just slip the line in behind the badge and begin to lift while heating with the heat gun. They'll pop right off. I bought a 3M Eraser wheel that goes in a drill to get the residue off. Worked like a charm.
sound like the route im going to take. Thanks for the info!

#16 ·
I did this about two weeks ago. Like others have said, a heat gun or blow dryer and some fishing line. After using goof off spray to remove the residue I compound the area and then wax it some. There are plenty of videos if you search youtube. I suggest watching a few and then putting a plan of your own together. I took steps from a few different videos. You might develop a blister or two if you do it without gloves but well worth it.

#18 ·
If you have access to a Hot water pressure washer, use it. The black adhesive peels right off. Thats how I did mine. I got the remaining adhesive off with GooGone. Works great with very little elbow grease needed.
Just be careful you don't lift the paint with the pressure washer, there is a fine line to walk.

#19 ·
Just did this this past weekend.
Just used some fishing line and Goo Gone.
Guessing you already did this since this post is like 11 days old lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.