jQuery not supported.

Removing front bumper?

Removing front bumper?

Postby BigRedZ71 [OP] » Jan 25 2012, 12:01am

I'm wondering of any body know how to remove the front bumper from my 08 Silverado. I want to get the part of the bumper between the fog light housings just under the grill painted black and was wondering if I would just he able to take it off to get painted or had to take the whole truck to the paint shop. Also would I be able to drive it without that part on for a day or so while it was being painted, since it is my daily driver.

I just thought it would look cool with my truck being red having a black grill and the plastic trim being black too.

Thanks.
Original Poster
BigRedZ71
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 19
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  Removing rear bumper   Question about removing bumper caps   Removing front air dam on cateye   Removing front suspension on 06 Silverado 1500   Removing 2011 Silverado's Front Bowtie   front bumper   Front Bumper   New front bumper!   Front bumper swap?   Front Bumper Replacement   Front and rear bumper   Need information for front bumper   Front bumper Bent   Front bumper 99-02 (Silverado) 
Exterior Sponsor
FREE Shipping on Truck Accessories!
Special Offers for SilveradoSierra.com members at AutoAnything.com

Re: Removing front bumper?

Postby Gilgamesh » Jan 25 2012, 1:51am

Have to take the top plastic shield off the top of your grille. Then take your grille off. Take out the 2 top 21mm bolts that run down through the bumper, then the a 15mm bolt on each side for the bumper bracket. Don't forget to unplug your fog lights. If your taking the part to get painted, might as well take your truck there to have them do it. Your not going to be able to drive around without the front bumper. Prob be a 2 day job for a bodyshop.
Gilgamesh
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 3
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2004
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 SLE
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Exterior