Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Rust on Frame

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Boucher187 
#1 ·
Hey guys my brother noticed a little rust on my frame on my 2007 NBS Silverado. When I bought the truck it was clean as a whistle but I used to do a lot of country driving but not anymore and It used to cross a lot of water an the dirt/mud also winter driving with salt/sand but the mud/dirt has stained the underside and I also noticed a little rust is this bad what can I do?

-Omar

#3 ·
Well, is it surface rust or is it eating the frame away type of rust. If it's just surface rust you can paint the frame but there's a wax like coating on these trucks I think so I'm not sure how you'd go about that. If it's bad then it should be repaired first then coated.

#5 ·
I live in canada, i have a 2003 silverado z71 and had quite a bit of slightly deeper than surface rust so i decided to put liquid spray on bed liner on my frame to keep more salt from hitting my frame and then i undercoated the bed liner because i herd that undercoating rusted metal is useless because it falls off... first winter i did this as its my first winter ive owned this truck and im hoping it makes a big difference, got any pictures? hahaha i love pictures

#7 ·
hahaha thats not bad at all, me and dad took a 1994 for a test drive last year that was so rusted that the truck would have split in half carrying a load in the back. Take some preventative measures while you still have lots of metal on there and you'll be good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.