Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Shot Windshield Seal

636 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Joe Cool 
#1 ·
During the most recent downpour, I noticed my windshield seal leaking at the top passenger side. Obviously, I'm gonna have Safelite visit the truck in the near future...only catch is right now my bank account demands other ideas. So...can I silicone from the outside/inside in the meantime, or is it just gonna keep leaking anyway? Silicone is a temporary stopgap...like I said, Safelite will be visiting the rig in the near future, also to replace a leaking slider (cracked plastic trim ring). Speaking on the slider...can I get lucky and just get a new plastic bezel, or am I gonna end up kissin' the slider good-bye for a tinted defogger? Not wanting to, but if I must...wouldn't put a new slider on.

#4 ·
AutoZone used to sell a flowable silicone just for that reason, worked for me once :cool:

#5 ·
Permatex or their brand? I was just gonna use Permatex Clear (says windshield repair safe), but if there's one that flows rather than me having to force the whole time I'd much rather do that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.