Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

train horn

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  gmckid22 
#1 ·
thinking about getting a train horn. just a single trumpet with 135db. does anyone have something similar on their truck. is the double or tripple any better. i was going to the dixie horn but i figure i can scare some people with the train horn

#3 ·
I want one. Hornblasters looks like the place to go too. Just kind of pricey. Back in Jacksonville, when I was driving my Grand Prix, I was at a red light with two lanes going my way, and opposing traffic had a green light to turn. Well, our light turned green but some douche went through the red turn light in front of me and a big ass Ram 2500 after we started moving. He let his train horn go and it scared the ever-loving piss out of the guy that was turning. It was amazing. I've wanted one since then.

#8 ·
Carefull...a lot of townships have these outlawed.

#9 ·
Hot damn, 152db. 160db is instant perforation of the eardrum. I like it.
Yeah I've gotta find the Maryland laws on these. Think I would get one regardless. Would only use it for douchebags anyway :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.