Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

train horns?

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  eurovic 
#1 ·
just curious question that popped in my head... does anyone have a train horn installed on their rig? havent seen any threads on the, yet and im curious to see if anyone has one, and what kit they have. or maybe some of you have plans to get on and just haven't gone through with it yet?

just curious... :D

#13 ·
Love the idea, BIG noise little truck.
I thought about the same thing and when I asked my son's father-inlaw who has them on his Surban I was told that they are illegal in Ontario, Canada. He just sold his big rig shop so he has had them for ever.
So if you ever come north don't take the chance using them, (as much as you would want to do lol)
Just my two cents worth,
Regards

#14 ·
im pretty sure they are illegal in just about everywhere here in the states also, but thats just part of the fun. tint on the front windows is illegal, didnt stop me from getting it. certain headers are illegal, not gonna stop me from getting them. laws these days prhibit people from haveing fun, so i say, "the hell with the law, ill have fun first"

#16 ·
Going to bring up an older thread here, but I've been wanting to upgrade the anemic sounding horn in my silverado since day one. anyone have any recommendations on types? I want loud and low!

"Horn
28(1) The vehicle shall have a horn that emits a sound that is audible under
normal conditions from a distance of at least 60 metres.
(2) The horn shall have a pressure switch that is within easy reach of the driver.
4 Sep 87 cV-2.1 Reg 10 s28."

From the Saskatchewan vehicle equipment regulations act. Nothing about using types of horns:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.