Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

TSb on frame rust

8K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  redtherocket 
#1 ·
Could someone please give me the TSb number on the rusting frames,or peeling undercoating

#2 ·
a quick search resulted in:

chevy frame peeling and rusting. why?

The letter on the end isnt current as the seem to update it each year with more trucks and a new letter. I believe its currently D

#9 ·
The TSB number for an updates will be exactly the same except for the letter on the end. Last update I heard about was "H". But, from what I have seen, the TSB has basically remained the same other than to add new vehicles to the list. You could call your dealer and ask for a copy and find out if the 2015 is covered under the latest update. Just give him the TSB number. If he does give you a copy, it would be great if you would post it here in PDF format for others, but GM is pretty tight with that kind of stuff so they may not be willing to actually give you a hard copy.

#15 ·
OP....

I don't think going to GM is going to solve your problem... I inquired about the fix and its BS.

The methods they do to repair your issues will not make your problem go away.. What they fix, its just going to come back somewhere else..

The issue almost seems as if the coating doesn't stick from the factory in certain areas... Which cause water to pool and cause rust... It also peels back on edges and seams..

I had my 2013 undercoated by Krown about 1 month after purchase... My first oil change which I did, I noticed how soft it made my frame coating... It didn't seem right as I thought it was some sort of paint..I contacted Krown and they knew nothing nor were they interested..

GM on the other hand told me that your not supposed to oil the underside because it will soften the wax type coating... Its not paint.. :roll:

I thought I Fudged, but in fact I did the opposite.

the oil melted that shit right onto my frame.. I keep up on it every year and actually get under the truck after an undercoating to smudge the loose spots that have generated over the summer.. It like the ultimate undercoat..

I have a rust free frame and it gets a salt bath all winter. I plan to keep this thing till it breaks in half..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.