Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

WOLO 3062T HORNS - 6 INCH CHROME

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  krausee 
#1 ·

I'm installing Wolo 306-2T chrome horns... Will give updates

#2 ·

HERE'S THE PACKAGE... ALSO ORDERED A RELAY. I'm mounting these directly behind the grill with stainless bolts on the rectangular inverted V-shaped (maybe U-shaped) steel tubing. Hooking up to stock horn lead but I'm using a relay and hot(fused) wire from the battery. Also running ground wire (my truck was rustproofed and it's a very gunky/protected under the hood)

#3 ·
Horns arrived today. They are really massive.. says 6 inches. I'd guess that each horn weighs 2.5 to 3 pounds. They come with a short ground wire, I'll use it, which is meant to attach to mounting bolts. I have four 3 inch stainless steel bolts/hardware and I'll run another ground wire to the vehicle ground from the mounting bolts. There's another short wire that I'll hook up to power from the new horn relay. (photos coming) :geek:

#4 ·

Here are the two horns, mounting tabs shown and the stainless bolts I've chosen. There's a Youtube video showing how to remove the grill... it's several clips on the top cap, four 10mm bolts and two pressure fit snaps.

I'm hoping to have these two chrome horns centered in the grill.. visible from the front and one heck of a lot louder than stock. I went this way vs a pair of air horns.. I had air horns on a 2000 Silverado, too darn loud... living in Miami then, never knew if someone would friggin shoot at me for honking.

#8 ·
What did you pay and where did you get them?

#9 ·
horns were about $64 on amazon... i searched, that was a low price (no tax free delivery) I did not check ebay, should have.

I do want to add... these horns seem to be very substantial.

the area behind the grill, attached to that inverted V shape brace..it's a perfect location

#12 ·
GB.. I'm looking forward to it too.. haven't made much progress this week (work, my back, life..etc) The best part is that there's a sweet installation spot behind the grill.

I'll do photos and trying to do a sound clip too. I used to have a 2000 Silverado and installed wolo airhorns, way too loud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.