Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

How to Clean Chrome Rims with ArmorAll Wheel Cleaner

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ChadZ34 
#1 Ā· (Edited by Moderator)
This is a how-to and product review of Armor-All's wheel cleaner.

IMG_20111105_161328.jpg

[tyn]Things you will need.
1. 2 cold beverages
2. rubber gloves or other hand protection
3. eye protection
4. hose or bucket
5. sponge or soft cloth[/tyn]
Yes, I realise I put hand and eye protection in the list. This chemical can cause skin and eye irritation so if you choose to go without, make sure to wash your hands afterward.

ok, heres how my wheels started out.
IMG_20111105_155625.jpg

According to the instructions, your wheels have to be cool in order to use this product. If you apply this to a hot wheel, it will dry onto the wheel and possibly stain it. So either start this in the morning before you have driven, or rinse your wheels with the hose first.

Next step, spray product on the wheel and let sit for 30 seconds
IMG_20111105_155650.jpg

Now, take your sponge or soft cloth and work the product around your wheel, make sure to get all the nooks and crannys.

Next, rinse wheel with the hose or bucket and heres what you get
IMG_20111105_160407.jpg

It took about 30 min for me to do all 4 wheels. This isnt just a spray on and walk away deal, you have to do one wheel at a time.
This cleaner did a good job removing the grime off of my wheels. Just remember, its a cleaner, not a polish, so it wont polish your wheels. This is something that you could use to clean your wheels in between polishes.

Overall, I think this product did a good job in cleaning my chrome wheels. Its easy to use but, its a skin irritant. Cost was about avarage for similar products.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 Ā·
Thanks! This was my first review.

I was pretty happy with the results :D

#4 Ā·
I really like it when I get the chance to clean up my truck. I have to agree that this really makes the wheels shine. I keep my truck fairly clean, but I think it's time for a deep cleaning, and I'm not sure that I want to do it! Where do you guys get you truck detailed? Has anyone used Angie's List? I need to find someone that is good in my local area!

#8 Ā·
I learned this the hard way, totally stripped the clear off my rims of my 96 Lumina, I used the Simoniz Rim Cleaner from Crappy Tire (do not buy) and basically ate the coating off my wheels. I just find that soap and water is the most effective! Excellent write up however!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.