Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to Install a Backup Alarm

19K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  thenutter 
#1 ·
This is something I wanted with the big truck and was really easy. I went with the Wolo backup alarm since it was cheap and available at Autozone.

[tyn]Things You'll Need:
  • Wire cutters / strippers[/*]
  • Socket
    (to fit your grounding location)[/*]
  • Electrical tape[/*]
  • Wire cap[/*]
[/tyn]

First decide where you want to mount the alarm, think about water splash and mud if you do a lot of off-roading. I mounted it on the back frame wire area, where all the plugins for the taillights are.

If you have the towing package this is really simple. The green wire is the one that powers the backup lights so cut that and wire in the positive lead. Crimp the wires back together and tape them up. (Or however you prefer, my electrical skills and supplies are minimal.)

The Wolo grounds itself through installation so make sure the area you choose is bare metal and free of rust. Simply attach and you are good to go. Put your rig in reverse and make sure she makes a sound.

It is not quite as loud as I wanted it, but it can be heard over the exhaust system so that is all that matters. Cheap piece of mind. I eventually want to make a splash guard, or take the old spare tire heat shield off the trailblazer, to protect from water splash.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.