Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

How to Install a Billet Grill on a NBS

8K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  jonathansykes711 
#1 Ā· (Edited by Moderator)
Subject: Billet Grill Install 07 LT 5.3L Z71 4x4

ā€¢ Skill Level: Anyone
ā€¢ Time: Took me about 30 minutes
ā€¢ Special Tools: Nothing special, Used a 10mm socket, needle nose pliers and a flat head screwdriver.

Step-by-Step Instructions:
Step 1: Check your new grill assembly to make sure it has clips and makes sure it looks like it will fit. It would be a shame to get your old grill off and your new grill be for the old body style or something crazy like that.
Step 2: Using you flat head screwdriver remove the plastic pushpins. Chevy made it simple for you there are grooves to fit a flat head in under the head of the pushpin.
IMGP0643.JPG
IMGP0637.JPG

Step 3: Remove the (4) 10mm head bolts from the top of the grill assembly.
IMGP0638.JPG

Step 4: Using the flat head on the grill side and the needle nose pliers on the back side out the steel clips from the frame work on the truck
IMGP0639.JPG
IMGP0640.JPG

Step 5: If any of your clips broke off remove them
Step 6: Install your new grill assembly sliding the steel clips into the truck bracket and making sure they lock on the back side. My grill had 4 clips, the stock grill had 6.
Step 7: Re-install the 10 mm bolts and the plastic covering.
IMGP0642.JPG
IMGP0645.JPG

Step 8: Step back and admire the new look on the front end sans that ugly yellow bowtie.
IMGP0646.JPG

Conclusion:
Be careful removing the old grill if you plan to sell it or there is a chance of putting it back on. The steel clips break off of the grill fairly easy and you will have to JB Weld or silicone them back on if you plan on reusing your old grill. Also make sure your new grill came with the clips installed before taking off the old grill. The part I ordered was correct and removal and install was a breeze except for removing those steel clips. All and all probably the easiest thing I have ever installed but then again I haven't put my rain guards on my windows yet.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 Ā·
AWESOME WRITE-UP. But, I have one huge question about that particular grille. Is that the paramount restyling grille? The one that is ABS with metal mesh in the middle? I bought their all metal grille, and it doesn't fit very well at all. It actually is pretty crappy build quality. There are big gaps on the top and sides (near the headlights). How does that one fit? Does the edge of the grille match that of the hood and are there big gaps or does it all fit very close? Is there anyway you can take some close up shots of where the grille meets the truck. I really want to get the grille you have, because this all metal one just makes my truck look less "clean" than it could. Also, does the paint on the grille match the black paint of your truck pretty well? Thanks!

#4 Ā·
I'll get some pics of the fitment up tomorrow. I didn't think that the gapping looks bad though. It is a plastic grill, which I wasn't too sure about when it first arrived but it seems sturdy enough and I don't think it will be an issue especially for the price I paid. It looks fairly close to matching but the truck is pretty dirty right now so I'm on my way out to wash it.

#8 Ā·
So much better than mine! Does the hood stick out further than the grille or is it matched up just about perfectly? Looks like its as good as stock to me. I wish they could have done a bit better matching the color, but it might just be the photos. Thanks for your help dude!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.