- How-To Articles Sponsor
SilveradoSierra.com members get $50 Off Orders Over $200 At Advance Auto Parts.
Use Code BIG50 At Checkout. Limited Time Only - Shop Now!
Removing the bench seat essentially a no-brainer, but to speed up the process instructions have been documented below. The removal of the bench seat is a common procedure for installing audio systems, for instance: mounting amplifiers behind the seat, or housing wiring terminals, or mounting power distribution blocks, securing capacitors, etc.
- Using a flat head screwdriver, pop the three plastic fasteners out of the plastic cover on the drivers side of the bench seat leg. The plastic cover will expose the two bolts holding the bench leg to the truck floor.
- Identify the three locations where you will find the mounting nuts:
- Remove the large plastic wingnut from the lug wrench pack (toolkit pouch) and set the tool pouch aside.
- Remove the two 18mm nuts from the drivers side bench leg.
- Remove the two 18mm nuts from the passengers side bench leg.
- Remove the 18mm nut from the center cables mount.
- Tuck the seat belt receptacles and center seat belt down through the crack of the seat. To ease this process, pull the release mechanism on either side of the bench seat and lift the seat about halfway and allow the seat belts to fall between the crack.
- With all the nuts removed and the seat belts tucked through the crack, remove the bench seat by lifting while pulling outward away from the back wall.
- Congratulations! Your bench seat has been removed successfully. To reinstall the seat, do these steps in the reverse order.