jQuery not supported.

06 Silverado Front Door Speakers

06 Silverado Front Door Speakers

Postby 7521 [OP] » Dec 12 2013, 3:52am

Does anyone out there have the part numbers for both left and right front door speakers on an 06 LT Silverado crew cab? They're sounding a little crappy and I'd like to have the new set on hand before I remove the door panels. I'm not looking for an upgrade, original equipment replacements would be fine.
Original Poster
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2006
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: 1500 crew cab 5.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: 06 Silverado Front Door Speakers

Postby 2003Z71 » Dec 12 2013, 4:39am

I was in the same boat about a year and half a go with my 2003 Silvy. One day the passenger side speaker just gave it up!! And I don't crank my stereo loud at all, so I was very puzzled. I was going to replace with factory speakers too until I saw how crappy they were and the cost about gave me a heart attack! I installed this set in my doors with no modification at all, and they sound great. You may want to think about this as an option.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1086032SI/ ... html?tp=95
Recon LED cab lights*AirLift Bags & Compressor*Edelbrock IAS Shocks*ReadyLift Leveling Kit*K&N CAI*Smittybilt Bars & Bumper Guard*MagnaFlow Cat Back
2003Z71
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Topics: 40
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2003
Extra Info: 1500 Z71 5.3L RegCab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: 06 Silverado Front Door Speakers

Postby esox07 » Dec 12 2013, 4:57am

If I was going to replace my speakers, I would definitely go aftermarket. Seems most people find even the low cost aftermarket speakers superior to stock. I am not sure what stock speakers will run you but you should be able to get some descent aftermarket speakers for well under $100. I am sure the stock price would get a really nice pair of aftermarket speakers.
2013 Silverado 1500 LT, Z71, 5.3L, 6 speed, 4X4, HD Towing pkg
esox07
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 84
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2013
Extra Info: 1500 LT XCab 5.3 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen