jQuery not supported.

2006 Silverado Antenna Mount install

Antenna Mount

2006 Silverado Antenna Mount install

Postby fitruck [OP] » Dec 12 2010, 7:33pm

Someone broke off my antenna on my 2006 Silverado. :( ... The Antenna mount was destroyed...I picked up the new parts
(AC Delco 15141455 Antenna) and a new Antenna Mount (AC Delco 15829166). Now the problem....I found tons of information on replacing this antenna mount on older silverados but not for the 2006.

I did poke around and can get to the antenna cable in the firewall but I loose the cable under the glove box and can't seem to figure out if I need to remove the lower trim or the complete dashboard to get to the connection.

I did remove the small trim cover where the passenger door and dash meet but still can't access the antenne cable.

It also looks like there is a cabin filter behind the glove box...I thought GM discontinued this feature in 2005??

Does any one have instructions or diagrams for replacing this part...I'm going crazy without a Radio!

Thanks
Original Poster
fitruck
Topics: 1
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2006
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  GPS antenna mount help   Aftermarket Antenna install   Whip Antenna Install   New mini antenna install   CB radio antenna install   Speaker Install help 2006 1500HD Crew Cab   What type of Mirror Mount 02 Silverado?   Good spot to mount amp in silverado?   1999 silverado rear upper shock mount   JoshInWV 2006 Silverado   2006 Silverado,gauges   Lobro06's 2006 Silverado   2006 silverado HD hood and grille   Kilbywill's 2006 Silverado 1500 
Interior Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: 2006 Silverado Antenna Mount install

Postby koolz71 » Dec 13 2010, 2:28am

im not really sure if i can help u but heres a bump for u..so u can get the help u need
Crap, my hampster fell off the wheel and it broke its leg.

Check out my blog

koolz71
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 91
Blogs: 14
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2004
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby rdss » Dec 13 2010, 3:13am

Fitruck, does it not disconnect at a fitting at the mount for the fender? Or is it a solid mount and you have to reroute the whole cable? If the latter is the case I would start by pulling your stereo and try tracing from there. And if you still can't trace it maybe you could tie a rope or wire to the antenna after removing it from the stereo and just pull it from the last spot you see it and just use the rope back through with the new cable.
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Crewcab:
K&N Aircharger
Blastin Bob's muffler back w/ Magnaflow muffler
BedRug BedTred
Extang Revolution Tonneau
Diablo Sport inTune....DiabLew tuned!
Black Rampage sidesteps.
rdss
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Topics: 17
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLT 1500 CC 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby Hink » Jul 02 2013, 11:37pm

I'll bet you lose the antenna wire behind the dash because it's the first part to get installed at the factory and the rest of the truck is but around it. :)

I did find this - but I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the instructions.

http://www.cartruckinfo.com/chevy-silve ... tenna.html
Hink
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Interior