Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Adding heated and cooled seats

11K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  CST Colorado 
#1 ·
I was looking at getting leather seats, possibly from classic soft trim, and they do say they do heated and cooled seats. But by the looks of their website, they do the switch on the side of the seat under the power forward and back switch. My question is where do they put the factory heated and cooled seats switch? And is it possible to put the switches in that place now? I don't really like the look of the switch on the side of the seat. If anyone has them, I'd love to see pictures of where the switch is. Thanks!

#3 ·
the heated/cooled control pad is in the door. Kind of the arm rest area. are you getting OEM seats? or aftermarket?

Either way, you can get a switch search ebay for "2007-2011 OEM GMC CHEVROLET HEATED SEAT CONTROL SWITCH PASSENGER SIDE 15166909" (new so i don't know if links are allowed)

the cooled seats may not be an option in the OEM direction. i honestly don't think it was an option in the 2011 trucks.

If it's an aftermarket seating, where did you find them?

#4 ·
i think the heated and cooled is new for 2012.. and it may just be for the LTZs. and I was looking at getting the seats done by a place called classic soft trim. I believe its a place where some of the dealers use if someone wants to buy a car with leather but already has cloth. I don't have any experience with them, but I believe someone on this site got theirs done by them.

#6 ·
When i got my truck it was the last 2011 4x4 crew cab on the lot, i got a killer deal but the seats are a very light colored cloth. so i have looked into options also. there is some decent seat covers out there. but i would like to see how this turns out for you.

#7 ·
Did you end up adding the cooled seats? I work for Classic Soft Trim in Denver and we have done Silverados and placed the switch on the dash. If that's your primary concern, I recommend contacting the branch directly, bring your truck there and have the installer or shop manager let you know exactly what they're capable of doing up front. You will not be able to use factory switches, and getting the switch in the door panel is very unlikely.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.