Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Adding heated seats?

15K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Brad-Z71 
#1 ·
Hey guys, i have been wondering for a while if it would be possible to add heated seats to my '06 Sierra SLT? I know its probably possible, but i just kinda wanted to hear what you guys have to say. Has anyone done this before? How much does it cost? And how much time and how hard would it be?

#2 ·
I'm sure you could do it providing the seats have the heating elements in them. Did/does the heated seats option require the leather option? I don't know ...

You'd also need to get the appropriate electrical relays, timing units, temperature sensors and switches not to mention the wiring harnesses. I'm thinking it would be best to find a wrecked truck in a U-Pick-It salvage yard and pull what you need from it. Probably need to re-upholster the seats if they've been trashed.

Sounds like a lot of work ....

#4 ·
I just did it to my truck and my Wifes GTO this last weekend. It took about 3 hrs to put them in each vehicle and do the wiring. I picked up the units off Ebay for $82 for each vehicle. We both love them.

#5 ·
I'm weighing my options and would like to hear more about the kit you installed. Was it integrated into a cover you put over your factory seats? Did you pull the seats out and put the kit INTO the seats?
If anyone has any suggestions on kits, brands, installation methods, a great story to tell, or perhaps words of warning- I'm all ears. I'm in no hurry to do this and want as much info as possible. Cheers.

#6 ·
I pulled the seats out and took the covers off. The element has tape on it so you just peel and stick. Run your wires while the seats are out reinstall and you have heated seat. It took about 3 hrs per vehicle.

#8 ·
dhaynie said:
I pulled the seats out and took the covers off. The element has tape on it so you just peel and stick. Run your wires while the seats are out reinstall and you have heated seat. It took about 3 hrs per vehicle.
Can you post a link to the kit you purchased off eBay? I have to admit I've always been a bit skeptical of some of the kits that heated seat kits that appear on the Bay.

#9 ·
Yes I did the factory seats and yes I took the factory upholstery off (leather). I didn't have to take them all the way off, I just rolled them as far as I needed to put the heating pad on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.