Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Adding heated seats to non factory heated seat truck?

6K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Welcher774 
#1 ·
So I'm thinking about biting the bullet and purchasing a set of Katzkin leather for my 04 LLY Duramax. I would love to have the heat feature on these, and wondering if it would at all be possible to add all the factory heat switches, etc to my truck since it didn't come from the factory with it?

Thanks,

Kyle

#4 ·
I can do the install myself. I was just curious if I bought the factory switches that mount in the door panels if they hookup and work? Same goes if there is electrical connections already under the seats to accept the heater and power for the power seats.

#5 ·
According to my local dealership, only certain trucks will recognize the OEM kit. I called them with the same question. They said they needed the VIN to see if it would work. Supposedly my computer won't recognize the kit. No one else on here has chimed in saying they have experienced the same thing I have. It wouldn't hurt to call a dealership and ask them.

#6 ·
ksstang said:
I can do the install myself. I was just curious if I bought the factory switches that mount in the door panels if they hookup and work? Same goes if there is electrical connections already under the seats to accept the heater and power for the power seats.
So I am wanting to do the same thing with mine. Great minds. I have a 2015 sle cloth but bought 2015 SLT leather seats with heated seats. I have power seats in my current truck and was hoping that I just had to get power and the right harness for it to work. I also bought the switches along with the dash kit to look factory.
Since this is an old post. Did you have any luck please tell me you did. :)

#8 ·
As far as I'm concerned, heated seats are worthless. It's not because of my Carhartt denim seat covers, either. They're as thin as a pair of well-worn blue jeans, have no backing, and are washed frequently.
I'd rather have cooled seats, but that's only available with leather, and automotive leather is crappy top-grain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.