Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Any solutions to cracked dash

6K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Hdjoe 
#1 ·
Hey guys I'm pretty sure all of us if not now will have this problem. It seems on the 07-13 silverados the ones that have the ltz dash the top piece above the instrument cluster cracks real bad. Has anyone fiberglasss it or done something to improve it.
I know I can buy a dash but they want like 400 for it and 1200 for them to install

#4 ·
Yeah the dealership contacted gm corporate and they said because I'm not the original
Owner they only want to pay half. What does being a original owner have to do with a
Defective product. I guess they'll just wait till a piece of dash hurts someone maybe in a collision and launches and pokes they're eye and then they will say they were sorry. Just like the ignition recall

#5 ·
They used to pay. They would do it under a good will thing for $100. I asked my dealer about it 2 years ago and that's what I was told. I went in a few months ago to get them to do it an they said GM stopped replacing them and now they do a formula figuring out your year and mileage and adjust accordingly. For my "11 with 80,000 miles on it, it was going to be $450. I said you can keep it and I'll by a $50 dashmat.

#6 ·
I noticed recently that mine was cracked. They sell on ebay for around $220 if you are looking for a replacement. I just used my dremmel w/ a cut off wheel to straighten the crack. It actually looks decent, like 2 separate panels rather than a crack.

#10 ·
I tried 2 part epoxy as well as jb plastic weld and they both looked like crap afterwards. I think eventually it will just be the dash mat since gm with never step up to fix their crappy dash problems.

#12 ·
I used. Versachem plastic epoxy when I glued my iPad mount in my dash and it fused that thing together.... I'll try it. If it doesn't work... I might get an overlay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.