Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Anyone know how to remove headrests?

50K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  jake2250 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how to remove the headrests on a 2011? I'm trying to install some seat covers.

#2 ·
I went out to my 2010 to try mine. I thought it was as simple as just holding in the adjustment button while you remove it. But it's not that. Sorry...not sure.

#3 ·
Pull really hard and fast!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, don't do that, it will probably break and warranty won't cover that.

If I recall, if you push in on the one side(don't remember which side) it unlocks it (you will feel a click when you push). Then it should pull straight out.

#7 ·
I actually like where mine hit. I think the seats a very comfortable. Not quite as good as the wife's Acadia, but very close.

#9 ·
Pull headrests up, push a paper clip or wire in the small opening to release the inner spring.
Alternatively, you pull up the headrests, pop the little plastic headrest caps up, push on the button underneath with your finger and bingo, they are off.

#10 ·
YES!! I turned mine around,,very uncomfortable. Learned from a guy at work who had the same issue,, Took mine out and stuck each leg in a vise, bent them back just a little. now they do not bother me as much!! In reality they are part of the safety restraint system. Prevents whiplash!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.