Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Center console/jump seat replacement

9K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Alexsamayoa 
#1 ·
So I have the work truck model, love the crank windows, vinyl flooring, & simplicity of it. HOWEVER...lol The center console not having a lid really sucks. I have to fold it up so I can reach the passenger window crank; so during the summer I can't really keep much in the console. Is it possible to replace just the console part or will I have to replace the entire jump seat combo? I'm hoping there's a way because the console/jump seat combos are around $4-500.

Any ideas or help appreciated! Thanks!

#2 ·
Try LMC Truck. They probably have replacement lids.

#3 ·
This was a good reminder that I have a 3 cup holder jump sitting in my garage. Bought it to swap for my console and with the bose it wasnt an easy swap so I stopped. If you dont find just a lid on LMC or Rock Auto, it is in the beige cloth so not sure how much that helps but I only have 300 in it and would probably let it go for that. just taking up space

#4 ·
Hartski said:
Try LMC Truck. They probably have replacement lids.
The work truck consoles unfortunately don't come with lids. I wish it was that easy lol

#5 ·
bheisler said:
This was a good reminder that I have a 3 cup holder jump sitting in my garage. Bought it to swap for my console and with the bose it wasnt an easy swap so I stopped. If you dont find just a lid on LMC or Rock Auto, it is in the beige cloth so not sure how much that helps but I only have 300 in it and would probably let it go for that. just taking up space
Beige would look terrible lol My interior is grey and black. I'll check out LMC & RockAuto. I don't know why I never thought of that I've bought stuff from both before..thanks for the wake up! haha

#6 ·
I picked up a 2014 center jumps seat with the 3 cup holder for $150 shipped to me off eBay for my 2009 WT. I took out the original terrible jump seat and put the 2014 in place but haven't gotten around to securing it just yet, summer project. I sold the stock 2009 for about $80 on eBay so it only ended up being $70 out of pocket for me!

#7 ·
That's great to know! I didn't think the 2014 console would fit in the 07-13's. If you think about it, could you give me an update if all the bolts & everything line up in your 09 when you get to securing it? I wish you could just buy the console instead of the whole damn seat!

#9 ·
#10 ·
A friend of mine found a replacement console out of a junkyard. He found a totaled Silverado that was being parted out and just removed the folding portion of the console. Start going through craigslist or local want ads looking for totaled pickups. Something will turn up...goodluck!

#11 ·
chelseypb said:
That's great to know! I didn't think the 2014 console would fit in the 07-13's. If you think about it, could you give me an update if all the bolts & everything line up in your 09 when you get to securing it? I wish you could just buy the console instead of the whole damn seat!
No, the bolts don't line up, it will take some work to faba bracket but it shouldn't be too tough. The bracket on our trucks is horizontal and mounts under e seat brackets while the 2014 is vertical and bolts in on the center hump. I figure I will purchase the bracket for a center console that fits our trucks and weld it to the bracket on the 2014.

#12 ·
chelseypb said:
kashmir said:
This is exactly what you are looking for......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Console-Jump-Se ... 1c&vxp=mtr
Thanks for the link but I want the actual console. Not an add on lid that just flaps over the bin. They also make ones that come with a magnet to keep it closed, but I wanna do this whole ass not half ass haha.
Well then you are going to need a 3 cup console or the LT2 console.
That's going to cost several hundred at least.
You said that you wish the W/T came with a lid....that's why I posted that.

#13 ·
kashmir said:
Well then you are going to need a 3 cup console or the LT2 console.
That's going to cost several hundred at least.
You said that you wish the W/T came with a lid....that's why I posted that.
Yes with a lid like the 3 cup consoles have. That one on eBay is just a flap that covers the bin - if it doesn't clip into place it defeats the purpose of having a lid so that I can flip the console up. That's why I asked if there was a way I could replace just the console, or if it had to be the whole jump seat combo. I appreciate the help by sending the link though thank you! Idk why Chevy just couldn't have spent a few more bucks to put a better console on there lol

#14 ·
It's called marketing
They DO make a better console....the three cup console.
If you really want that when you buy a truck, you have to buy the LT instead of the W/T or LS

I am sure it wouldn't cost much if any more for GM to have put the three cup console / seat in all of the NNBS trucks; that would only give buyers the option of purchasing a lower trim level truck.
If I'm GM, I do exactly what they did. The three cup console, along with several other small options, move some folks to the higher trim level LT for more $$$'s. It's a small and subtle, but effective sales technique.

#15 ·
kashmir said:
It's called marketing
They DO make a better console....the three cup console.
If you really want that when you buy a truck, you have to buy the LT instead of the W/T or LS

I am sure it wouldn't cost much if any more for GM to have put the three cup console / seat in all of the NNBS trucks; that would only give buyers the option of purchasing a lower trim level truck.
If I'm GM, I do exactly what they did. The three cup console, along with several other small options, move some folks to the higher trim level LT for more $$$'s. It's a small and subtle, but effective sales technique.
Thank you, I know what marketing is and I'm aware they DO make a better console. I'm also familiar with trim level options. Even with an upgraded 3 cup console the WT model would still have significantly less options than an LS LT or LTZ model. Regardless - I am not concerned with GM's sales techniques, I was simply trying to avoid buying the whole jump seat and hopefully find a more cost effective way to replace my console for the 3 cup.

#17 ·
I realize this original post is a bit old. However, I have a 2009 GMC Sierra Club Cab I am wanting to install a center console on. The only think I like about the current jump seat is the lockable storage under the seat. Has anyone designed and installed their own? I refuse to pay $500 or more for an OE model...

#18 ·
MH624 said:
I realize this original post is a bit old. However, I have a 2009 GMC Sierra Club Cab I am wanting to install a center console on. The only think I like about the current jump seat is the lockable storage under the seat. Has anyone designed and installed their own? I refuse to pay $500 or more for an OE model...
I have a console I'm looking to trade for a jump seat. 08 Silverado 1500.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.