jQuery not supported.

center console

center console

Postby jknappen [OP] » Sep 10 2011, 10:04am

What parts, other than the console itself, would I need to convert my 2010 silverado LS with the center jumpseat to the LTZ center console? and how much of a PITA would it be to do it
Original Poster
jknappen
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 21
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: WT 4.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  center console location not center?   Center Console Help!   Center console   Center console   center console   WTB:Center console   Mount sub in center console?   Buy center console   Center Console Dilemma   3 Cup Center Console   SLE CENTER CONSOLE   Jump seat for center console   Wtb 3 cup center console   wt interior center console lid 
Interior Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: center console

Postby Onlyina_Chevy » Sep 11 2011, 2:24am

Thinking about my truck, which has a center console, it doesn't seem like it would be much trouble at all. That center should be easy enough to pick up from a junkyard as the inside hasn't changed for 4 years. I'm just spitballin' here, but any possible wires are probably already in the truck for things such as the 'center' inside console accessory power plug since you should already have a power plug in the jump seat. However, the rear of the console has a plug just above the cup holders, and I don't know whether or not there is a 'piggy-back' plug to extend to the back of the console or not. Also, I don't exactly know how the front of my console stays in place. I seriously doubt that the sides are so stiff that they cut a deep groove in the carpet enabling it to stay steady; there must be additional screws or a track that goes in place (but I can't be sure).

Hope this helps.
Onlyina_Chevy
Global Moderator (borderline Redneck variety)

Onlyina_Chevy: you've joined back into the Android ranks?
starspangled6.0: can't wait to dump the iphone
starspangled6.0: i was wrong
starspangled6.0: you were right
Onlyina_Chevy
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 135
Blogs: 5
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: Z71 LT2
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Global moderators
Servicemen

Return to Interior