jQuery not supported.

Custom Camo Interior

Re: Custom Camo Interior

Postby Damion » Apr 03 2013, 2:40am

The panels look great!! Im thinking of doing something along those lines in mine ( headliner possibly ) just to have something different and break up the look of the truck ( black ) I just need to find the camo I like. What pattern did you use??

BTW: the pic of you holding the sign to prove a point was priceless!!!!!!!!!!!! well played
Damion
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 6
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2003
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 5.3 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby SomethinBoutaTruck [OP] » Apr 03 2013, 2:44am

Still thinking about that 'how to' post. What if, I post it and everyone all of a sudden knows how to do it and then I can't live out one of my dreams? That would kind of suck. But then again, that isn't one of my dreams and I like to help people out when and where I can. The most I'm going to give up right this moment is this. The custom camo work I did on my truck the way I did it will only work on panels with fabric/carpeted areas. Also, I went to the truck wrecking yard today in hopes of picking up a couple more panels to customize and drop off at a buddies tint/line-X shop for advertising. I was only able to get one more like mine that was in decent shape. When I start doing this I will snap photos if I decide to post up this 'how to' article that everyone would like. If I was to start doing this kind of work and making money there's a lot to how I'm going to do it, what type of material I'll stick with what I'll expand into etc etc. It does take a lot of patience and time to get it done and I can guarantee it's not a job everyone would be interested in doing. As any job goes some people prefer to pay another person to do it to avoid having to do it themselves. With that being said, this thread I'm sure will continue.

Nobody's gonna get hurt, so what's the big deal?
Original Poster
SomethinBoutaTruck
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2001
Extra Info: 1500 EXT Cab 4X4 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby sstumpf » Apr 03 2013, 2:48am

Btw, that's a nice looking truck. Any plans for other mods?
sstumpf
Shifting into Third Gear [L3]
Topics: 63
Year: 2011
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Damion » Apr 03 2013, 2:49am

SomethinBoutaTruck wrote:Still thinking about that 'how to' post. What if, I post it and everyone all of a sudden knows how to do it and then I can't live out one of my dreams? That would kind of suck. But then again, that isn't one of my dreams and I like to help people out when and where I can. The most I'm going to give up right this moment is this. The custom camo work I did on my truck the way I did it will only work on panels with fabric/carpeted areas. Also, I went to the truck wrecking yard today in hopes of picking up a couple more panels to customize and drop off at a buddies tint/line-X shop for advertising. I was only able to get one more like mine that was in decent shape. When I start doing this I will snap photos if I decide to post up this 'how to' article that everyone would like. If I was to start doing this kind of work and making money there's a lot to how I'm going to do it, what type of material I'll stick with what I'll expand into etc etc. It does take a lot of patience and time to get it done and I can guarantee it's not a job everyone would be interested in doing. As any job goes some people prefer to pay another person to do it to avoid having to do it themselves. With that being said, this thread I'm sure will continue.

I hear ya on not revealing secerets. When I used to install car audio I figured out how to inlay designs under the carpet of speaker boxes and such, I did one box with flames that depending on where you stood would disappear and re appear like ghost flames in paint. No one could figure out how I did it. ;)
Damion
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby SomethinBoutaTruck [OP] » Apr 03 2013, 2:59am

Not sure about other mods for the interior yet. I have the visors to finish in the camo and then that's it for that. I would like to figure out how to take that huge tape player console out. I may play around with a different color in the headliner like originally planned with the camo fabric. For the exterior wheels and tires will be my next purchase of course. Broke my chevy emblem when I coated my grill in black, need to replace that but undecided on the color. I already de-badged the truck. Other than deciding on a canopy and bed rug, I really want to get into the engine and see what I can do to increase power and MPG's. I am always more concerned on how my truck is running and it's condition rather than how it looks.

Original Poster
SomethinBoutaTruck
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Damion » Apr 03 2013, 3:03am

For power and MPG'S, do the basic bolt ons ( intake, exhaust ) and add a tuner, on summer gas I usually get 19-21 MPG jigging around town.
Damion
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby sstumpf » Apr 03 2013, 3:04am

I hear ya, I always take care of how my truck is running first, hope to get many years out of it.

Ya, I have done the exhaust and intake, definitely gained power out of that. But haven't done a tuner yet, I'm getting 13mpg right now, kinda sucks.

Post pics when you get the visors done. As for the color of bowtie I always say black on just about any color truck.
sstumpf
Topics: 63
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby DrkZide » Apr 03 2013, 7:52am

Hmmm.....I still don't believe you. Maybe you should make a sign that says "Lex rocks my socks" or something. :P
DrkZide
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 5
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby dieseloutlaw270 » Apr 03 2013, 9:01am

The camo is awesome would you be able to do anything with the NNBS? And the pics to prove a point were priceless :mrgreen:
K&N CAI, MBRP XP series, tint,zone 6.5" lift, xd revolvers -12mm, nitto terras, spyder projector , Line X
dieseloutlaw270
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 57
Extra Info: 1500 4.8l v8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby SomethinBoutaTruck [OP] » Apr 03 2013, 1:51pm

well, I COULD do that, but then again how would I know I wouldn't be making a sign for a 300 lb fat guy? Maybe you should just make me a sign and apologize. :)

Original Poster
SomethinBoutaTruck
Group Membership:
Registered users
PreviousNext

Return to Interior