jQuery not supported.

Custom front interior - 09 Sierra

Looking to rid myself of the front bench seat, try something new

Custom front interior - 09 Sierra

Postby Judge09sierra [OP] » Jun 26 2013, 9:54pm

Hey there, my first post on here, I'm looking for advice, suggestions, or any other forms of enlightenment here. I Have a 2009 GMC Sierra, WT Model, with the front bench seat. I've never been much a fan of that interior package, i find it looks bland and unrefreshing. As Well, there is a MASSIVE lack of storage space, and wrongfully positioned console with no lid, kind of pointless in my own opinion.
I'm looking to Remove the Center Bench seat and build a custom fiberglass console/dash piece (i understand the difficulty, and do believe i am capable) Has anybody removed this seat? is there a location on the floor it is mounted or is it linked to the other 2 buckets? And has anyone seen any other variations of this idea at all? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :D
Attachments
f743771187e4afd9ff85e9d7bf947ac1x.jpg
Stock... Not very fancy
Original Poster
Judge09sierra
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 1500 4.8L V8 4X4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Custom front interior - 09 Sierra

Postby ljfran2383 » Jun 27 2013, 5:39am

i believe its bolted to the floor, but you have to take the seats out to get to it.

People build stuff like that all the time, check out the old muscle car forums. they build some neat stuff. same concepts.
ljfran2383
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 9
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2013
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 6.2
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Judge09sierra [OP] » Jun 27 2013, 6:20am

Thanks budd, appreciate it... figured i'd have to take the seats out, just wanted to be sure i allowed enough to time to finish it on my days off... probably make it easier to move around in there anyways
Original Poster
Judge09sierra
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby tmckenn2 » Jun 27 2013, 6:56am

I saw a fiberglass speaker box on here recently too.

Why dont you just get one of the bench seats with huge compartments... and 3 cup holders? or get bucket seats? would be a lot easier and would be OEM.
tmckenn2
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2013
Extra Info: LT 5.3 z71 All Star
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby iggs » Jun 27 2013, 7:04am

I read something on here the other day about someone removing the bench seat and putting in a centre console from a different GMC/Chevy vehicle they had acquired cheaply.

The centre seat just unbolts

I was wondering about custom making a centre console and in the process adding a whole load of connectivity. Several usb ports for chargers and gadgets for instance. It would be cool to have an inverter installed so I could plug a laptop in or camera chargers. I cant find a USB port on mine and passengers always need phones charging too on long trips, could even put usb ports in the back

Plus i was wondering of there was somewhere I could tap into the air venting and run a line back to a compartment under the armrest to keep drinks cool (where I live we only use aircon, never heating!!).
iggs
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 34
Year: 2010
Extra Info: Extended Cab 5.3L LT
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Judge09sierra [OP] » Jun 27 2013, 9:11am

That's the spirit iggs! You get where im coming from! As much as i love my new sierra, im just not much a fun of that particular interior set up... I don't find it aesthetically or ergonomically pleasing, personal opinion. As for the connectivity, you just opened my mind, i cannot believe i has not thought of that! and the a/c cup holders? Genius! I will be starting this project asap when i get home... OEM is fine, but i plan on keeping the truck until she burns to the ground, in that case, why not custom. Resale on the W/T models here ain't great either, especially the way I rack up the km's... Plus my main reason for wanting to mould it to the dash is to relocate my Double-Din DVD player... The position its currently in gives it mad sun glare (Even with my 2.5% Tint) , and it feels like i have to reach half across the truck just to change the track... Relocated 12V Outlets, Power Inverter, Climate Control, and maybe even T/C Button would be an awesome Conclusion, and I am Very Ambitious:D
Original Poster
Judge09sierra
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Judge09sierra [OP] » Jun 27 2013, 9:16am

P.S. an A/C Vent Comes Right out below the dash, to the right of my 4X4 lever... im sure it'd be easy to manage with
Original Poster
Judge09sierra
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Interior