Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

dead power seat

977 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  silverado 1500 2001 
#1 ·
2013 silverado - passenger power seat no longer working!

This should be a warranty item - but in the meantime - it MIGHT be the circuit breaker, which I can reset myself.

Problem - it's in the center under-dash "fuse box" (the one without fuses) - and it's held on by...magic? Cosmic strings? Tiny elves?

How do you get this cover off? There's a small "cap" type thing in the middle - which appears to be the source of resistance - but it doesn't come off by turning or prying (at least, not easily).

Anyone know how to get this thing off? (This is the "fuse" box under the dash, to the left of the steering column, where my manual shows the power seat circuit breaker.)

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
check power to seat

switched fail more than motors, it's more likely the switch. if you have another: swap them out see if problem goes away

seat motors are replaceable though sometimes parts people say you need a whole seat: you don't

if you ohm a motor coil (or it's connector, [properly) and get 0/inf resistance the motor coil is toast

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.