Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Did your Z71 Come With These Headrests?

10K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  kcfire7 
#1 ·
I am very curious to hear from others that bought new 2011' Z71 pickups that came with these trick looking Red & Silver Z71 headrests?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
My 2011 z71 didnt come with these either! I would love some more information--i may call the dealer in the morning to see if i can get some more information.

On a side note: i really dont like the headrests in this truck. They seem to push my head to far forward....almost a unnatural position. I can't find a way to remove the headrest so i guess i will live with it.

#7 ·
I bought this truck new in February and have always considered these fancy headrests as just being part of the Z71 option package. Apparently that's not the case, at least it's not a part of the standard GM Z71 package. I will have to have a talk with my service manager the next time I drop my truck off for an oil change to see what he knows about the origin of my headrests.

#9 ·
That Z71 embroidering on the headrests looks really nice, must have been a dealer install.

#10 ·
Chasmanian said:
There is a small hole on the side where the rod slides. Slide something small in the hole and it will unlock the rod.

I put my rear head rest on the front, like it much better.
So...i just ran outside to try this. The width on the backseat posts is different from the frontseat so they dont seem to fit. Am i missing something?

#12 ·
I have not seen anything in leather trim, although I did once see a two-tone leather seat (it was black and red). Those were pretty nice. Maybe GM should get a bit more creative?

P.S. Good first post, UnderDog67!

#15 ·
From what I am reading on the other chevy truck forums, apperently only a handfull of 2011' Z71 trucks came with these special headrests in them from their dealers. In each case, the owners (like me) just assumed that they came standard with their truck's Z71 package.
One 2011' truck owner checked my VIN ID number at his dealership and they compared the headrest P/N in my truck against the headrest P/N in his truck and found that they both are the same. This combined with the fact that many owners have struck out trying to get them special ordered at their delaers, has lead me to beleive that some company out there is customizing the headrests for a handfull of dealers. The next time I am in for an oil change, I am definately going to ask folks about them.

#18 ·
You can have them custom embroidered after market. I found a shop in my area that did them on my Camaro for $120 for both. Mine were leather but I don't see why it could not be done on cloth as well. I may do this at some point but I need to cut back on spending right now. I just spent a lot getting a winter vehicle and new tires for it so I can put the Camaro away for the winter.

#21 ·
From time to time the Velcro adjustment strap on my Chevy ball cap will try to catch on it so I think that it's an embroidered patch attached to the factory headrest cover. They are really done nicely though in Red and Silver stitching.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.