Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Jump Seat to Center Console Help

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  KYChevyGirl 
#1 ·
I have an idea and I'm not sure if it can work or not so I'm bringing it to the forum! First a little back story. I think my truck is the base model because it just has the bench seat. I've been wanting to swap them out for the jump seat with the console. I went to the junkyard today and they had one for $400. That's wayyyy too much for comfort if you ask me. So I'm thinking instead of swapping out the whole bench, can I just take the jump seat out, cut the back off and install the console?

This is the seat I currently have.

And this is the console I'm thinking about installing. Of course I'm going to look around for a cheaper one. But will it work?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-06-SILVERADO ... 4897.l4275

#3 ·
I'm going to bump this in hopes that someone will see it and throw some help and ideas my way. I was looking at my seat today and it seems that there are only two "poles" coming from the seat to the back rest. So it should be pretty easy to cut up but I still don't know how to mount the console part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.