Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Jump Seat To Full Center Console

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  SilverSurfer 
#1 ·
So, someone bought a full center console only to find out it wasn't what they needed. He bought it for $80 and sold it to me for $50. I've got the jump seat and here's the problem:

The full center console, I think, only comes with the Bose enhanced audio setup. Also, the glove box assembly on the non-Bose goes all the way over to meet up with the knee knocker on the driver's side. I'm going to try to trim out the center portion, under the radio, on Sunday. If that's a fail then I'll get a replacement glove box from the bone yard. I think I can do it, though.

I'll post up some pics starting tomorrow to show you what I'm talking about.

Has anyone done this mod?

This console came out of either a quad/ext cab or a Suburban/Tahoe without rear air because it has a/c vents out the back. I'd like to make them work, as well as the amp/mini sub, but I haven't pulled out the glove box, yet. So I don't know what I'm missing.

BTW, this is going into a regular cab so I'm making my truck a 2 seater. Any insight into this little project would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading,

TheGreatLizardo

See less See more
#2 ·
No insight and nothing to provide you with other than moral support. You can do it!!

#4 ·
Wasn't me. I have a '13 CC with the LT2 console. I'm a happy camper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.