Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Power Door locks and windows

8K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Rainbow1616 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 Chevy Silverado that has maual door locks and roll up windows. I want to know can it be changed to power locks and windows, and if so, how? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Anything's possible, but this ain't easy. Power locks can be done with an alarm system and aftermarket door lock actuators. They're much cheaper than factory.

Windows are trickier, I don't know if you can just pull out the window crank and stuff in a motor. Probably have to get the power window regulator.

Might be cheaper and easier to get doors out of a boneyard. But you still have to deal with the BCM, or go custom. Get ahold of the wiring diagrams to figure out what you got vs what you need.

Price some stuff out and see which way you want to go. I'll be around if you have more q's.

#3 ·
After market power locks are cheap and easy to install and as stated above can easily be tied into an alarm system.
After market windows are fairly easy to install as well just make sure you get the heavy duty ones. You will get close to the factory look with the exception of the plastic plug/cap they give you to cover your existing window crank hole. I put these in My 08 and they were fine for 3 years until I traded it in.

#5 ·
No unfortunately I never remember to take pics. The after market windows are pretty much universal, they go over where the window crank is and just rotate that to go up and down. They are cable operated which means they are flexible (easy to find a place to mount) and quiet. They come with a 2 switch housing for the drivers door and a 1 switch housing for the passenger door. These vinyl housings attach to the door, if your door panel is black your in business otherwise you can try to color match it. The switches look pretty good at a glance they look like factory. I put them on 2 of my previous trucks now and never had a problem with them.

#9 ·
Honestly I thought the hardest part was taking the door panel off without any broken clips or scratches *lol*
Its not hard once you have the panel off and the window crank. Find the right gear for the window crank (included) Snap it into the motor assembly, Mount at a convenient location ( I used self drilling screws) Plug in the harness. mount the switches to the door panel with the included bezel then run the harness under the dash to power and ground. I installed My switch bezel the same level as the arm rest right in front of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.