jQuery not supported.

Rear (bench) Seat Removal

How to remove the rear bench seat

Rear (bench) Seat Removal

Postby clayj [OP] » May 24 2010, 10:31pm

So - I can't put radios under the console :? . But, there's a HUGE void behind the rear seat in my Sierra Hybrid; the bottom of the rear seat folds UP, and the battery is under that. I can see two "clips" at the top of the rear seat that look like they would allow the seat back to just slide up and off; but, I can't seem to figure out how to get the BOTTOM of the seatback loose to let it slide up.

Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance!

Clay Jackson
Original Poster
clayj
Topics: 3
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: Hybrid
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  rear bench seat   replacing rear bench seat for buckets for subs?   Bench Seat   Silverado bench seat cover, Questions   Bench Seat of 2006 Extended cab   2014 crew cab rear seat under-seat storage   2014 silverado frt seat back removal   Rear bumper removal (for paint)   2003 Sierra interior trim removal? Rear speaker wiring issue   Rear seat squeaking   rear seat belt   Subwoofer options NOT under the rear seat   Under Rear Seat Storage...the begining   Does rear seat back fold down? 
Interior Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: Rear (bench) Seat Removal

Postby shark88 » Dec 16 2010, 7:50am

I've wondered that too, hopefully someone will chime in.
shark88
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 11
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2005
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby koolz71 » Dec 16 2010, 2:53pm

I havent seen to many hybrids but have u checked to make sure all the bolts have been loosened or taken out. They like to put them in the craziest spots
Crap, my hampster fell off the wheel and it broke its leg.

Check out my blog

koolz71
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 91
Blogs: 14
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2004
Extra Info: Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby love4chevysilverado » Nov 09 2011, 12:13am

I was trying to get my rear bench seat off back in January, took off all the visible nuts and everything that looked like it connected it and it still wouldn't budge, I put it all back together and haven't messed with it since
love4chevysilverado
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 11
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2001
Extra Info: 6.0L 3500
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Interior