jQuery not supported.

Removing the front seats and trim panels-2011 Sierra

Easy easy seat removal 2011 Sierra

Postby krausee [OP] » Aug 16 2011, 6:10pm

Okay, My little 2011 Sierra is a simple Work/Truck version with no options. I ordered carpet from "stock auto interiors" and I bought Infinity 6.39i speakers plus 4x6 Infinities for the rear post. Also I wanted to take out the center jumpseat/seatbelt assembly to have a two-seater pickup truck.

It's all done now. It's very open and roomy now. You can do the same thing on a crew cab and you will have "walk to the back" ability but you'll sacrifice a front center seat or the console... your choice.

Some simple hints.

1. Seat bolts are an external star tork design but a 11M socket (rear bolts) and a small sparkplug size socket for the front bolts (both 6 sided) worked wonders. I had the seats out and center seat removed in 30 minutes. OH.. you'll need to get a TORK driver set to take the seatbelts off of the seat and to remove the mounting on the sidewalls. I got a TORK set at Harbor Freight for 9.99 so don't pay too much.

2. The carpet was "factory molded" to fit but it did need to be trimmed after placed into position. I went with "mass backing" and I'm very happy that I spent the extra for it. The carpet is fantastic, much better than GM stock.

3. OH.. door threashold, side panels, and rear window ledge trim panels snap off easily. Just be gentle and pull slowly. There's one small screw at the top of the side panels (one each). Speakers were installed with silicone and 4 self tapping screws.. I just hooked up to factory wires after stripping 1/2 inch bare wire. Easy.

4. I took someone's advice, not sure if I had to.. I did disconnect the battery before I reconnected the seat airbag wiring. I did it this way, not sure if you have to.. BUT, I did not blow up a seat.

Pictures to follow.. I can tell you that this is one smart little truck now, the carpet, center seat out, and the sounds are wonderful. I did this all in one afternoon outside my condo building.

Let me know if you have questions.

:mrgreen:
Original Poster
krausee
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: Work Truck V6 2WD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Removing the front seats and trim panels-2011 Sierra

Postby cicchetti21 » Aug 16 2011, 8:59pm

Well where are the pics? lets see this new interior
09 LS Silverado White Ext Cab 4.8 Flow Master 40 Series, B&M Tranny Cooler, Vette Servo, K&N Filter, Billet Grille,Tow Hitch, 5 inch rough country lift 33's 4:10's
cicchetti21
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 10
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 4.8 Liter V8
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby krausee [OP] » Aug 16 2011, 11:59pm

OK. will work on that asap..
"
Beer if proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. " Benjamin Franklin
Original Poster
krausee
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby memorybox » Aug 17 2011, 2:55am

This sounds pretty cool. Can't wait to see it
memorybox
Topics: 15
Year: 2007
Extra Info: 1500 4.8 V8 Regular
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby krausee [OP] » Aug 17 2011, 6:56pm

Ok.. here's my photo. The carpet is from Stock Interior's, mass-backed ultraplush. FYI, if you get the factory carpet it'll come with cutout holes in the space between the seats, not at all what I wanted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"
Beer if proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. " Benjamin Franklin
Original Poster
krausee
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby cicchetti21 » Aug 17 2011, 7:22pm

That looks great!
09 LS Silverado White Ext Cab 4.8 Flow Master 40 Series, B&M Tranny Cooler, Vette Servo, K&N Filter, Billet Grille,Tow Hitch, 5 inch rough country lift 33's 4:10's
cicchetti21
Topics: 10
Year: 2009
Extra Info: 4.8 Liter V8
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 2012Sierra » Nov 17 2011, 6:55pm

To remove the middle seat do you have to remove anything else from floor or is it already flush?
2012Sierra
Topics: 14
Year: 2012
Extra Info: 2wd 5.3. Xfe Sle
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Interior