jQuery not supported.

Replacement Driver's Seat

Looking for replacement driver's seat

Replacement Driver's Seat

Postby AK-Man [OP] » Jul 03 2011, 9:33pm

Howdy,

I have a 2002 GMC Sierra 1500. I need to replace the driver's seat but despite webs surfing a few days I can't find anyplace that sells replacement seats (other than sites that sell very custom replacement for racing,etc).

I would appreciate it if anyone here can point me in the right direction toward a place to sells replacement seats.

My seat is cloth, has self contained seat belt (seat belt totally attached to seat versus any part of interior of truck), and has power movement (but manual recline and lumbar support).

Thanks

Jim
Anchorage, AK.
Original Poster
AK-Man
Topics: 1
Blogs: 0
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2002
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
Registered users
Related Topics  How do I fix the underside of my driver's seat?   Power Driver's Seat Issues   2014 Sierra Driver's Seat Moves   Power driver seat reclined and will not come back up   2014 Silverado Driver Seat Very Uncomfortable   seat replacement   Seat Replacement in 2008   Heated seat element replacement   first row fold down seat replacement   Center Seat Replacement Cross-Gen   07-13 3 cup holder jump seat replacement latch nnbs   Driver 1 and Driver 2 on DIC   Drivers Seat damaged from sharp edge on inside seat frame   2014 crew cab rear seat under-seat storage 
Interior Sponsor
Advertise Here

Re: Replacement Driver's Seat

Postby adams99z71 » Jul 04 2011, 3:39am

did a quick search and found these guys http://www.discountvantruck.com/truck40 ... kseats.htm
nbs99 z71 325ci v8, stock 4wheel disc brakes, no cats, flow master classic 40 series, rhino line, custom fog lights, cb, bully dog tunner, 4:10 locker, airbag load leveling, 205,000miles.
adams99z71
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Topics: 30
Blogs: 2
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 1999
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 325ci Z71 ext cab LS
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby AK-Man [OP] » Jul 04 2011, 5:31am

Thanks for the reply. I ran across that site as well. I could not find any driver's seats there that had the built in seatbelt. The rig I have has the seat belt totally integrated into the drivers seat. No part of the seatbelt is affixed to the interior of the cab.

Thanks for poking around. Still looking myself. If anyone knows where I can find such a seat I would appreciate it!!

Jim
Original Poster
AK-Man
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby koolz71 » Jul 04 2011, 5:37am

Have you checked ebay or craigslist? I have had great luck with parts on there
Crap, my hampster fell off the wheel and it broke its leg.

Check out my blog

koolz71
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 91
Blogs: 14
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2004
Extra Info: Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby burls » Jul 05 2011, 5:27am

Have you tried calling salvage yards around you? You can search inventories of the closest yards at Car-Parts.com.
Burls
14 Silverado 1500 LT Z-71 4x4 Double Cab
12 Silverado 1500 Z-71 4x4 Ext. Cab (Traded)
11 Silverado 1500 Z-71 4x4 Ext. Cab(Traded)
05 Silverado 1500 Z-71 Ext. Cab(Traded)
04 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Reg Cab 2wd SB (SOLD)
burls
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 6
Year: 2014
Extra Info: 5.3L Z-71 4x4 D-Cab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby chevygirlkc » Jul 05 2011, 5:33am

Is your seat broken or could it be re-apolstered?
chevygirlkc
Contributor
Contributor
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 36
Year: 2011
Extra Info: LTZ 5.3L Z71 Ext Cab
Group Membership:
Supporters
Registered users

Postby adams99z71 » Jul 05 2011, 5:55pm

^^ i agree with chevygirlkc, might be your best option just to have it redone.
nbs99 z71 325ci v8, stock 4wheel disc brakes, no cats, flow master classic 40 series, rhino line, custom fog lights, cb, bully dog tunner, 4:10 locker, airbag load leveling, 205,000miles.
adams99z71
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby AK-Man [OP] » Jul 07 2011, 6:47am

Thanks guys. All great ideas that I will follow up on. The seat is damaged so re-upholstering not an option. The back of the seat (the part your back rests against) has twisted (when a heavy person was reaching into the back of the cab for an item on the back seat). I may try to "twist" it back but it is pretty far out of alignment.

Will follow up with the area salvage yards. Thanks for the help.

Jim
Original Poster
AK-Man
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby adams99z71 » Jul 07 2011, 5:05pm

hmm. LMC.com or lmctruck.com seems to have every other imaginable part for our trucks maybe give them a call see if they can order it or point you in the right direction.
adams99z71
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby AK-Man [OP] » Jul 08 2011, 3:44am

Thanks for the tip on lmctruck.com. Went to the site and definitely a comprehensive catalog.

I have the proverbial stupid question.....what is this part's name?? I can't find anything under "driver's seat". Is this item a "chair" a "seat" is it "front" or "drivers". On most of the catalog sites I have been to I actually can't find a chair or seat in them. I have been to sites that have custom seats, but have yet to find a site that actually shows a regular everyday GMC truck seat. Perhaps I am searching using the wrong key words!!!

I know...I am lame

=)

Jim
Original Poster
AK-Man
Group Membership:
Registered users
Next

Return to Interior