Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Touch Screen

16K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Bean#310 
#1 ·
I'm looking to replace the OEM radio in my 2013 silverado with a touch screen radio that is as close to the OEM touch screen but hopefully a little cheaper. I've searched the forum for a bit and couldn't find any common threads but that could be a user error. Anyone have any experience with this or know anyone who has replaced theirs?

#3 ·
I have a Kenwood DNX 6990HD that is very good in my 2007 Silverado 1500 Extended Cab LT 4.8. It features Garmin based navigation, plays CDs/DVDs, MP3s, has iPod hook-up, (you'll need Kenwood KCA-iP202 iPod cable) receives SiriusXM satellite radio (you'll need SiriusXm V200 Connect Tuner), has built-in blue tooth that downloads my phone book automatically when I enter the vehicle and is voice activated. The unit supports my OnStar (a separate interface module is needed - I used PAC OS-4 - includes GM antenna adapter and works with or without the factory premium Bose amp - my truck does not have the Bose). It retains all factory chimes, & RAP. My factory steering wheel audio controls work just fine with it (you need a separate interface module for that, too - I used Metra's Axxess ASWC) and I have the back-up camera that installed into the tailgate handle bezel from Camera Source, model CS-GMTR2 - at www.camera-source.com (same as factory installation). The Kenwood head unit looks factory installed (you'll need Metra's model 95-3305 dash kit). All told, I spent just barely under $1000.00 for the package (less installation). But my unit was a factory refurbished one which saved me better than $200.00 for the same unit brand new - found it on e-bay) would highly recommend this set-up. You can go to www.kenwoodusa.com to check out the unit then look for one on the auction sites or other on-line sources. I also have a Kenwood DNX 6960 (a couple years old) in my C6 Corvette and like it much better than the factory DVD based nav which I believe is the same one (or very similiar) that comes in our trucks from the factory.

#5 ·
I realize you're looking for a factory look... so was I. After months of comparing the "stock-looking" HU's to clearly aftermarket I decided on the Pioneer Avic z140. I was able to buy the HU and all installation equipment + BU camera for less than $1k from Amazon. The installation was very easy.

Here's a link with some more info on my review.
OGM1 vs. Pioneer Avic z140BH

#12 ·
I have the factory Nav with the Bose. Pretty nice setup, but wish a couple of things were included. On my cheap Garmin, it displays the speed that I am traveling, the speed limit where I currently am, elevation, and gps coordinates. The factory Nav does none of these things. I really miss them, and find myself using the Garmin quite often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.