jQuery not supported.

Universal Home Remote System Programming

Programming the trucks garage door opener

Universal Home Remote System Programming

Postby In2Trux [OP] » Nov 05 2010, 2:42pm

I have gone threw the owner's manual about a dozen times and reread it thinking that I may have missed something.

My garage door is a Fixed Code.
My truck has the 3 LED indicator light on the 3 buttons.

Briefly this is what I'm suppose to do
Hit all three buttons at the same time for about three seconds. Release the buttons which puts the Universal Home Remote into program mode. The indicator lights will blink slowly. Enter each switch setting from my hand held remote of my garage door opener into the UHR of the truck.
When that was completed, I hit all three switches again and held them for up to 55 seconds in hope that my garage door might slightly move indicating that the program took. Then selecting the one button I wanted to dedicate as the garage door button. After about 6 attempts at this with no good results frustration set in. I want in my CAVE

Original Poster
In2Trux
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 32
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 2500HD Duramax
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Re: Universal Home Remote System Programming

Postby EKinMN » Nov 05 2010, 11:33pm

I don't recall exactly, but I know you are missing a step. there is a step that involves pushing the "learn" button on your garage door opener at the same time as your car's homelink button. I recall being on the ladder and at the opener, when my wife was pushing the button in the truck. Sorry I don't have the detail, but re-check the manual and see if this helps.
2010 Sierra All-Terrain. Mods: Range AFM delete, R.C. 2" level, 275/65-18 tires, mudflaps, soft toneau cover, bed mat, side steps, and HIDGuy 35w 5000k HID's
EKinMN
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 146
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: All Terrain Z71
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
SilveradoSierra Guru
Registered users

Postby farside1 » Nov 06 2010, 12:07am

Yes. You push the big square button ON the garage door. This is usually located near the light for the garage door opener. Push the button until the LED light next to it starts blinking. In the pic it's the purple square botton, (sorry it's out of focus) then go to your truck and hold the switch that you want to use for that garage door down until IT starts blinking. That should work. If not let us know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
farside1
Topics: 35
Extra Info: 1500 LT 5.3L Crew
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby In2Trux [OP] » Nov 06 2010, 3:03am

Both you guys are rite if my garage door opener was a roving security code. Mine is a fixed code. That is the kind that has 8 or 9 of those tiny white switches. some of them are two position and some are three position switches. They stopped making them some time in the 80s and now have come out with the more secure roving code style.
I think it time for a new Garage door opener.
Apparently it's possible to program this into the UHR of the truck, but for some reason my truck won't take it.
Maybe I'll ask Santa for a new garage door opener. Or I'll just higher an elf to open the door every time I cum home. :)
Original Poster
In2Trux
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Postby farside1 » Nov 07 2010, 8:29pm

Wow! That is an OLD system...LOL j/k. Not sure how to help. Sorry.
farside1
Topics: 35
Extra Info: 1500 LT 5.3L Crew
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby RMC_SS_LDO » Nov 07 2010, 9:21pm

I've fought with these openers for years on mine and helping family/friends.

I believe you are OK up to the point where you held the buttons for 55 seconds at the end (I think you blanked out the codes you just stored). I say that, but I know things are a little different for Canadian systems (FCC differences).

If all else fails, go to http://www.homelink.com/program.php and plug in you truck and opener brand...

/r

Allen
RMC_SS_LDO
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 3
Extra Info: LTZ Z71 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby gmctruckguy » Dec 08 2010, 9:26am

There is a way to program it, my garage door openers are like that. I dont have the info in front of me but I know you have to push the left and/or right buttons depending if the dip switch is in the on or off position. It is in the owners manual, I will see if I can find it & post it.
10638His & Hers 2012 Sierra C/C's 6.2L, 4WD, 3.73's, Airaid CAI, Diablo Predator/inTune, Magnaflow Exhaust, Piaa's, 3 1/2" RC Lift, 285 BFG T/A's, Bushwacker Flares, Tuff Country Add-a-Leaf

gmctruckguy
Automotive Technician
Automotive Technician
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Topics: 24
Year: 2012
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: Max Trailering
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Postby In2Trux [OP] » Dec 08 2010, 2:05pm

You guys are gonna laugh at this one... I went to the Home Link site and repeatedly tried what they suggested. I wanted this to work so bad, that I kept doing it over and over, thinking I was doing something wrong. I kept trying it different slightly different ways. ie faster, shorter intervals, longer intervals. The funny part? I burnt the motor out in the old garage door opener LOL PERFECT TIMING
I'll be adding a Garage Door Opener to my Christmas List LOL
Original Poster
In2Trux
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Postby koolz71 » Dec 08 2010, 2:15pm

uh oh lol..thats not good..ive never really had any problems doing this to my vehicles..i normally park away from the garage door so that will not happen though sux to hear it but merry christmas on ur new gift lol :)
Crap, my hampster fell off the wheel and it broke its leg.

Check out my blog

koolz71
Topics: 91
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2004
Extra Info: Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby redrooster » Feb 15 2012, 9:03pm

2011 LTZ - I checked the HomeLink site and it did not have instructions for a 2011, stopped at 2010. I called them and she said mine is a Lear system? The website crashed searching for the model number of my hand-held remote. :lol: http://www.learcar2u.com/

Anybody got information on programming the Lear truck remote? Thanks in advance!
redrooster
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2011
Group Membership:
Registered users
Next

Return to Interior