jQuery not supported.

Water leak :(

Postby memorybox [OP] » Sep 05 2011, 2:17pm

2007 nnbs silvy Alright guys and gals, i hopped in my truck this morning to find a water leak. Does anyone know where the water is coming in from? Anybody else had this issue? I have attached a picture, hopefully you can see it. Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Original Poster
memorybox
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 15
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 4.8 V8 Regular
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Water leak :(

Postby swandc » Sep 05 2011, 3:41pm

I'm gonna have to snap a picture next time it rains but I have had a similar spot but in the center of the back, low near the back window. I'm assumeing it's my 3rd brake light area for me. Might for you too and running to that area or the seal between your door and pillar? :?: Sorry I'm not much help, but at least your not the only one with something like this for an '07 NBS if that's any help or for what it's worth.
2007 Silver Birch Metallic Silverado LT Crew Cab 4.8 4X2

Smile...it's the second best thing you can do with your lips!
swandc
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 9
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Extra Info: 1500 LT 4.8L V8 4X2
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby memorybox [OP] » Sep 05 2011, 4:13pm

swandc wrote:I'm gonna have to snap a picture next time it rains but I have had a similar spot but in the center of the back, low near the back window. I'm assumeing it's my 3rd brake light area for me. Might for you too and running to that area or the seal between your door and pillar? :?: Sorry I'm not much help, but at least your not the only one with something like this for an '07 NBS if that's any help or for what it's worth.

Your probably right. Either 3rd brake light or door seal. I appreciate your replying. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow. Will update when I find out.
Original Poster
memorybox
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby swandc » Sep 05 2011, 4:20pm

I'm just taking a stab in the dark with those spots but would make the most sense to me unless I'm missing something. I'll be looking forward to hearing what they have to say about it. I was planning on looking at mine at some point since I just noticed it last week but hasn't rained again since the say I saw it and been working 12hr shifts ove the holiday weekend. Supposed to rain starting later on today and going for a few days in these parts, so I'm sure I'll have a chance to keep an eye on mine and check out some possibilities.

swandc
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby memorybox [OP] » Sep 05 2011, 4:39pm

I'm in Alabama and we are getting tons of rain. Not a great time for my truck to start leaking.
Original Poster
memorybox
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby swandc » Sep 05 2011, 5:05pm

No time is a good time for a leak that's for sure. What you got down there is what we'll be starting to get up this way. After the rain that Irene brought us and now this TS Lee's leftovers, we really don't need any more help from Katia too! lol Grass has srung back to life though, haven't been able to mow since it's been so wet or I've been working though.

swandc
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Return to Interior