Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

WEATHER TECH MATS IN 2010 GMC SIERRA?

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  cheech4235 
#1 ·
Been looking to put some good mats in my truck, as I spend some time on the country roads and want to keep as much mud/dirt off of the carpet as possible. I have heard great and horrible things about these weathertech mats. I want something that is going to last and I want to assure these mats cover as much carpet as possible. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

#2 ·
I bought the weather tech over the hump for the front in my truck got from auto anything(discount being ss member). They are little pricey but the coverage is great, the only exposed carpet up front is small area in front of seats and along door jam beside seat. I think these are great investment for anyone living offroad. Only disadvantages so far they tend to slide a little bit, I used some Velcro along side of floor board to help hold them place. IMO buy them.

I'll go get a pic for you.

Attachments

#10 ·
I have them in the wife's Acadia. They are excellent!

#13 ·
I chose the Husky WeatherBeaters a couple of months ago after I bought my new Silverado. I preferred the nibs on the back of the Husky to keep the floor liner from sliding as opposed to the fastener system of the Weathertech. Also likes the lifetime warranty. Just my $.02

#14 ·
I too stopped and bought weathertechs right after leaving the dealer... They are GREAT. And as far as Rob saying something about getting his foot caught on it getting in, They lay really flat, and I do not see this happening. I looked at the Husky and Husky Weatherbeaters, and the weatherbeaters were crap compared to the weathertechs.... Only way to go man, I promise. Check amazon too. I bought my front pair in person, but then I ordered the back mat later off amazon. It was a litte cheaper, and qualified Prime, free 2 day shipping.

#15 ·
tcnoakes said:
. I looked at the Husky and Husky Weatherbeaters, and the weatherbeaters were crap compared to the weathertechs....
I have to disagree with this statement. The salesperson & I compared the 2 brands side by side. Both are quality products. I preferred the nibs on the back of the Husky as opposed to putting a hole in my carpet to reduce slippage.

#16 ·
No offense taken, everyone has differing opinions. I preferred the fit and rigidity of the weathertechs. I have been completely happy with them working where I do. They get filthy, and while I did use the piece that screws into the carpet on the driver side, I have no seen any slippage on the passenger side mat... So I believe you could actually use them without the cleat to hold it in place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.